Chapter 18: The Beach: Part 3

Tucker's POV:

We were walking towards the Whole Foods store close to the beach. Sonja was walking closely next to me, Erin and Jordan were in front and Brennon and Ally were behind. 

"I kind of feel bad for Tom because it's like a triple date and Tom is all alone" I said glancing at Sonja who snickered to herself. 

"I guess so. But Erin and Jordan aren't even together so he's safe" she looked behind to see Tom talking to Brennon and laughing. 

"Sure looks like they are" I mumbled under my breath "They're always together."

"Let's not make assumptions" Sonja nudged me "But I agree."

We kept walking until we reached the store and walked inside. We all gathered together in a corner thinking about what we wanted to buy.

"Ice cream?"

"Pretzels?" 

"How about some pancakes?"

"Uhhhh" I said "We all have very different opinions."

Everybody chuckled.

"So. Ice cream? Because it's hot?" Aurey said.

"Agreed" Jordan said.

"Yup" Sonja retorted.

"Okay" Tom shrieked "Let's go."

We walked into the freezer aisle and stopped next to the ice cream. Jordan opened the freezer and grabbed a Ben & Jerry's ice cream cup with a flavour of Rocky Road. He handed it to Erin:

"I know what you like" he said as she grabbed the ice cream from his hand.

"Thanks Jordan."

Me and Sonja exchanged quick glances and she let out a small laugh. I grabbed a Rum Raisin and a New York Super Fudge Chunk. Chucking the Rum Raisin at Sonja I turned to face Brennon and Ally who were both holding a cup of plain chocolate ice cream. My gaze turned to Tom who was intently staring at his phone with a worried look. I took a step toward him so I could look at his face. Tom looked absolutely shattered. 

"Tom?" I put a hand on his shoulder. He gasped for air suddenly and his head shot up. His eyes had tears in them.

"G...guys. Is it o...o...kay if I go? S..something's happened to my d..dad." He cried out. Sonja pulled him into a hug.

"Yes it's okay. I hope everything will be okay." Tom shot us a slight smile and bolted out the store. 

"I wander what happened... Poor guy" Erin said breaking the silence.

"It'll be okay" Jordan hugged her because she was on the verge of crying. Solemnly, we all walked to the cash register and bought our ice cream. 

"Back to the beach?" Brennon uttered. We all nodded our heads and walked back towards our spot on the beach. We settled down after folding Tom's stuff.

"I'll return it to him later" I said.

We all ate our ice cream in silence until Sonja popped up off the ground.

"Who's up for some volleyball?" she squeaked. 

"ME" Jordan and Erin said at the same time.

"Agreed, we need to get our mind off of Tom." Ally smiled, getting up and pulling Brennon with her. I got up after them and we walked out about two feet towards the water and Sonja threw the ball in the air. 

We had divided into two teams. Team SparkleyFunSquad which consisted of Jordan, Erin and Tucker. Team DapperFoxx which was composed of Sonja, Brennon and Ally. We played until the score was 25-25.

"Looks like we've got a tie" Ally panted leaning on Sonja. We were all out of breath because we had laughed so much and jumped around for the last hour. Simultaneously, all of our legs gave out and we dropped onto the sand. It was getting dark now so we took decided to pack up and go back to Jordan's condo to hang out. I quickly texted Tom and asked him if everything was alright. I was in the car when I got the reply consisting of:

"Yes, everything is fine. I'm at the hospital rn and it seems like everything will be good. Thanks for asking mate." I read the message out loud and everybody cheered loudly. Our spirits were lifted and by the time we were at Jordan's we were all talking. All of us crashed on the couch and Jordan pitched out some beers.

"Enjoy. Erin. Movie. Your pick." all heads turned to her. 

"Hmmm." She stared at us "How about a comedy? Night At The Museum?" we all nodded and Jordan popped the CD in. The intro played and I'm pretty sure I passed out on Sonja's shoulder. 

Sonjas's POV: 

I was awakened by someone nudging my shoulder. 

"Sonj." I moaned. "Sonja, wake up."

My head snapped up. I mumbled a response and something cold touched my cheek. I jumped up hitting Tucker in the process. He groaned and I brought my hands to my face.

"I'm so sorry!"

"It's OK. What time is it?" 

"10 pm" Jordan whispered. Jordan had woken everybody up.

"I can't wait any longer guys. I'm sorry." he turned to Erin and then back to us.

"Ready?" she said.

"Yes" Jordan put an arm around her.

"We're dating" Erin and Jordan said simultaneously. 

"We realized. It was kind of obvious" Ally laughed.

Everybody chuckled.

"I'm glad you guys told us" Tucker patted Jordan and Erin on the back. "Can we go back to sleep now?"

Everybody shared a few more laughs and then said their goodbyes. 

That was a really good day. 

"Goodnight" Tucker kissed me once we were in bed.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was boring. I've been having writer's block lately.