Chapter 29: Deadly Accident

Tucker's POV:

I wake up to find myself alone in Bora Bora, the bright light of the sun peering through the translucent curtains. The breeze gently brushes my face.

"Sonj?" I roll over, rubbing my eyes. The hut is completely empty.

"Sonja?" I get up, a bit more panicky. Why would she leave the hotel without me when she doesn't even know the island that well. I walked over to the little coffee table to find a note in Sonja's handwriting.

"I went out for a walk to clear my mind. I'll be back soon. Love Sonja." I read the letter out loud. It calmed me down a bit knowing that she willingly went out. Sleepily, I walked over to the balcony and swung the door open. The cool morning wind hit my face, waking me up better than any coffee would. I felt my stomach growl. I sure hope Sonja's back soon, I'm starving. As those thoughts rushed through my head I heard the front door swing open. I turned around to see my wife collapsed on the floor next to the door, covered in dirt, water, mud and various sticks.

Sonja's POV at the time of the fall:

Troy pushed me off the cliff into the churning abyss below. Not knowing what to do, but having the will to save myself I fumbled my arms and legs midair grabbing onto a jagged rock that was sticking out of the cliff. I hung onto dear life with one hand but I'm a video game player and I'm not strong. My hand slipped, sending me tumbling down the cliff, splitting my back open on one of the rocks. I sharp scream escaped my mouth but I saw another rock I could grab and I did. It slowed my fall, but still sent me into the water. I had landed between two pointy rocks, in the middle. The salty water was stinging my fresh wounds. Cringing and loosing feeling in my body I swam to the shore where I could get out, the long distance seeming miles away. I climbed out onto the deserted beach and laid down face first to the night sky. I smiled slightly, seeing the bright stars as my vision blurred and my last breath escaped my mouth.

I awoke next morning with throbbing pain all over my body, my clothes torn. Forcing myself to stand up I walked back to my hotel, silently praying that Tucker was there. I pushed the door open, saw Tucker's silhouette and collapsed onto the ground yet again.

Tucker's POV:

I was holding a wet rag against my wife's head as I cradled her in my lap picking small sticks and mud clumps out of her hair. I was wandering what happened even though I had a pretty good idea. Sonja's eyes fluttered open and she tried to move but I shook my head.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded in response but she cringed, seemingly in pain. "What happened?"

"No biggie, Troy threw me off a cliff" her raspy voice answered my question. I clenched my fist and she probably noticed because she winked.

"I'm okay Tucker. I just need rest and some medical attention. A lot of medical attention" she pointed to her back and I turned her around, revealing a giant red gash that, if not patched up now, would get infected. I laid her down and ran out of the hut to get a doctor.

I came back a while later with a medic, to see Sonja asleep on the bed. The doctor tended to her wounds, gave me some medication to keep her pain away and left after a heart filled 'I'm sorry.'

I rested my head on the pillow next to Sonja and started thinking.