Chapter 45: Conventions

Tucker's POV: 

I woke up in the morning (well I went to sleep at like four, after showing all the guests out) feeling very tired and hungry. 

"Sonj?" I poked her side.

"Eh?" she asked, turning to me.

"Let's get up, I have a slight surprise for you later today. It is after all the first of January" I grinned and hopped out of bed. 

We both took a shower and ate breakfast.

We were sitting at the breakfast table when Sonja's eyes widened. 

"What is it?"

"I just realized that our house is a mess" she said.

I stopped my spoon halfway to my mouth and glanced into the living room. Open cans of soda, beer bottles, streamers, decorations and party hats were scattered around our wooden floor. 

"We have some cleaning to do and then we can enjoy some Game of Thrones maybe or we could stream?" I said putting a spoon of cereal into my mouth. 

We proceeded to finish our breakfast and then cleaned the house. It took us longer than expected but the house became cleaner then usual. We plopped down on the couch at four in the afternoon. 

"Before we do anything. I have a surprise. Stay here" I put up a finger to gesture for her to stay where she is sitting. Sonja nodded in response.

I walked upstairs and rummaged in my socks drawer. Such a generic place to hide flat objects, wouldn't you say?

I pulled out two pieces of paper and jogged back down the stairs. I sat next to Sonja. 

"Close your eyes?" I told her. She obeyed and grinned.

I stuck the tickets in front of her face and poked her. She opened her eyes and jerked back.

"Take 'em" I extended my hand further. She grabbed the ticket and stared at the title.

Her hands flew up to her mouth and let the tickets flutter to the ground.

"PAX South? Really. Oh my god that's in a few weeks" she said, excited. 

"It's on the 23-25 in San Antonio, Texas but we're going to be there on the 19th to spend some time with friendos" I told her and whipped out the plane tickets. 

"Jesus, Tucker. This is to much" Sonja said, enveloping me in a hug. 

~Time Skip to the day they leave~

"Sonja! The taxi is here!" I yelled upstairs. 

"Can you come and carry this suitcase down the stairs please? We're running a bit late and LA traffic is never nice to you in those situations" she yelled from upstairs. I heard her rummaging in the bathroom in her make up bag. I ran up the stairs and lagged the heavy suitcase into the trunk of the yellow taxi that was waiting in the driveway. 

After ten minutes of closing all doors, windows and pulling the plugs we were squished in the taxi and off to the airport. 

"Ready for the three hour flight?" I asked Sonja when we passed security at the airport. She glanced at me menacingly. 

"Piece of cake" she winked and we boarded the airplane right in time. 

~Time Skip Until They're in the Hotel in San Antonio~

"Tucker this hotel is literally half a mile from the convention center, this is perfect" Sonja said pulling away the red curtain and glancing out the window to the busy streets of San Antonio.

"Let's sleep on this and then we can meet some friends"

~I'm skipping again I'm sorry until the first day of the convention~

Sonja's POV:

We were on our way to the convention center and I was bouncing out of my seat. I shook Tucker's arm.

"Are you excited?" 

"You bet I am"

We arrived at the place with flashing lights and crowds of people piling in through the double doors. Thankfully we were able to get into the Twitch booth without being mobbed by all the fans. We saw Jordan and Erin and a few other streamers who were there to sign things too. The line stretched for so long we couldn't see the end of it and when we finally got through all the fans, it left us ten minutes to recuperate and move on to the panel. 

Accidentally, or maybe on purpose, the panel consisted of myself, Tucker, Tom, Jordan, Dec, Champ, Wag and some of the builders who did the work for Mianite. We answered questions, talked about our careers and when the time came to finish, thanked everyone for showing up. 

It was five when I stepped outside the main theatre.

"Tucker we haven't eaten all day" I turned to him.

"How about we head on over to the Evolve booth and we can stop by the Twitch lounge to grab food" Tucker inquired.

"Evolve?" I lifted my eyebrows.

"I'm hosting" he nodded and stepped in the direction of the streaming services. 

As promised, we got food and then I watched Tucker commentate on some amazing gameplay of Evolve. Even though it was a pretty outdated game it was still widely renowned and madly popular.

We finished the day at eight in the evening, an hour before the first day of the convention was scheduled to come to a close. 

I suggested we head back to our hotel room and order something from Pizza Hut because Tucker hadn't eaten the whole day.

Once we had gotten back to the room, Tucker crashed on the bed and I was left to turn on the TV (which was conveniently showing  Jurassic World, the movie I wanted to rewatch for a while). I ordered a Captain Sparklez Special Pizza from Pizza Hut and waited for the knock on the hotel door. It came a meer fifteen minutes after the call. I woke up Tucker, we ate the pizza and then fell asleep for good, the movie still playing on the big screen. 

A/N: So after careful consideration and a lot of planning I decided that this book will end on Chapter 50 and then have an Epilogue shortly after. Do not fret, there will be more books you will be able to enjoy coming your way! Thank you lovelies for reading. <3