Chapter 32: Maybe Not

Tucker's POV:

"No!" I yelled at the top of my lungs to the police officer who was questioning me. I've been talking to him for about forty minutes now because the line was so long. I wonder why there's so many reports. Anyway, I yelled at him because he kept questioning if I was sane, if I was drunk or if I was imagining everything. I've told him no but he was so persistent to prove me wrong.

"I'm sorry officer. It's just" I paused and took a deep breath "I love Sonja and I hate seeing her hurt so I would never lie about something like that".

I looked down on my lap and fiddled with my hands. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the officer jot something down with his pencil then erase it and write something else down. He twirled the pencil in his hand and smacked his lips together.

"So. Could you describe this" he ruffled in his papers. "Troy person".

The officer put his pencil down and brought his hands together under his chin. I sighed and described Troy once again mentioning every single detail that I remembered. After ten more minutes the officer told me to keep safe and keep the doors locked. He also said to bring Sonja in for questioning as soon as possible so he could get a real case filed.

I gathered my phone and car keys from the otherwise empty desk and nodding left the police station. Sticking my keys into the ignition I drove home, hoping Sonja wasn't panicking. I walked through the front door of my house once I arrived. Silence dwelled onto me. I dropped the keys into the glass cup that was sitting on the little table next to the door. They made a loud jingle and I cringed a little bit at the loud sound ringing through the empty air. I pulled my jacket off my body and draped it on the couch. Apprehensively and slowly I walked up the stairs to Sonja and I's bedroom and crackled the door open just a crack so I could see inside. There was nobody there. I shut the door again walking back down the stairs to my recording room. The door remained open from the last time I was there so I peered inside, again, seeing no one. By this time I started to become a bit weary as to what had happened to Sonja. I checked the kitchen and the bathroom on the first floor and nothing. Actually freaking out now, I ran up the stairs to her recording room. I swing the door open and exhaled. There she was in all her glory hunched over her computer. She was fast asleep and I would guess that she passed out while editing because she screen had Final Cut Pro open on it.

I tapped Sonja's shoulder lightly to wake her up but not to scare her. However, when she didn't move I shook her harder. Finally, she opened her eyes and grinned at the sight of me.

"Where were you? It took you so long!" She rubbed her eyes and stretched still half asleep.

"Basically the line was really long and when I actually got to speak to a police officer he didn't believe me for a while. However I convinced him that it was all true and he advised us to stay safe and he would also like to speak to you when you have the time" I sat down next to Sonja on a bean bag and took out the card that had the police officers name and number on it.

"Call him if you ever need anything" I said quietly and extended my hand to give Sonja the card. She nodded her head, reading the card.

"Jim" she mumbled the officers name and got up to leave the room. I watched her walk out, heard her go down the stairs, into the kitchen and then heard the sound of a magnet attaching itself to the fridge. I smiled, let my head fall to the side and I fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning with an excruciating pain in my neck and realized that I was on the floor but my feet were still on the bean bag. I moved my feet down cringing from the soreness of the uncomfortable sleeping situation. I dragged myself up, scratched my head and went to find Sonja. I wasn't looking for long because as soon as I stepped out of the recording room I felt the smell of bacon and eggs hit my nose.

"I went out and bought some more groceries" Sonja grinned at me when I walked into the kitchen. The kettle was boiling, the cups were set on the table, the bacon was sizzling and the eggs were frying.

"It smells amazing" I said, brewing the tea.

"You're amazing" she whispered pulling me close and hugging me.

"Nah, you're pretty cool too" I chuckled, playfully punching her arm.

"Your butt's pretty cool" Sonja yelled in a nasal voice and resumed cooking her eggs. I sat down at the table, smiling a wide smile, waiting for breakfast to begin.