Chapter 13: Sonja's Story

Sonja's POV:
I woke up on the couch cuddled into Tucker's chest. He stirred when I woke up and turned to face me.

"Good morning beautiful" he said in a deep morning voice. I couldn't help but snicker. I missed him so much and I was so glad he was back. I loved him more than ever and I realized when he got into the accident that I had to tell him about my past. I hope he understands and still wants to be with me. I risked a lot for him and I truly loved him. My stupid past would not stop me from that. The thoughts rushed through my mind and he probably saw the sadness and terror in my face because he asked me what was wrong.

"Nothing" I said getting up off the couch, I'm not sure where Tom was. I looked around. He was probably in his room, sleeping after all the worries yesterday. Tucker got up off the couch and limped over to me.

"I know you're not alright, I've known you for a while. Sonja, babe, what's wrong?" he said sternly but with love in his voice. Tears welled up in my eyes. It was time to tell him, I hated keeping this from him.

"Okay, I will tell you but promise me you will listen and not hate me for it." I said. His eyebrows furrowed but he nodded. I smiled. I really loved this nerd.

"Okay, sit down" I pointed at the couch "Before I moved to LA"

~Fade into flashback~
(This is gonna be third person view)

Sonja and Troy were sitting on the lakeside holding hands. Sonja's head is resting on his shoulder.

"Troy, what are we doing here" Sonja asked in a tired voice. It was early in the morning and she was very tired. He leaned over to her and kissed her head.

"Looking at the sunrise babe" he answered. Sonja looked up at him. His ruffled brown hair fell into his blue eyes. He smiled and bent down to kiss her.

"I love you Sonja and the past 3 months have been amazing with you" he took his arm off of Sonja and stood up. With a deep sigh and a rosy blush he bent down onto his knee. Sonja's face widened.

"What the hell Troy?" she questioned "Troy!"

"Sonja, you've made me so happy and cured my depression and I love you so much" his shaky hands pulled out a small box from his jacket pocket. He opened it.

"Will you marry me?" he said, tears welling up in his eyes. Sonja was shaking.

"Troy..." she wiped her tears. It was obvious she was having a panic attack. She took deep breaths and breathed out "Troy we've known each other for a month. One month"

Troy's smile changed into a mad face expression.

"What are you saying?" he questioned.

"I'm saying no Troy. It's to early" Sonja said sternly "I'm sorry." Tears welled up in her eyes. She felt really bad but she couldn't say yes. Troy got up of his knee.

"So. You're rejecting my marriage proposal are you?" He said his voice sounding more evil than ever. Sonja looked scared.

"Yes" she peeped. Troy turned around and threw the box with the diamond ring into the lake. He then proceeded to turn back to Sonja and slap her on the side of her face. The force of the impact brought her onto the ground and he kicked her in the stomach. Her head bumped into the metal leg of the bench and she lost consciousness. Troy stood over her triumphantly for a few minutes than kicked her again and walked away without a care in the world.

Sonja woke up to somebody patting her cheek. She opened her eyes to gaze up at the night sky and then see a concerned face above her.

"Erin?" Sonja mumbled.

"Sonja! You're awake! Why were you on the ground?" Erin asked in a worried tone. Sonja sat up and there was a stinging pain in her stomach that made her wince. She then remembered everything that happened in the morning. She must have been out the whole day.

"Uh, Troy kind of proposed and I kind of rejected him" Sonja winced at the past thought. Erin's eyes widened. Sonja and Erin have been friends for a long time and shared their passion for video games. 

"Sonja, I'm glad you made up your mind before it was to late. We see now that he was abusive" Erin pointed at the other girls bruised stomach and thigh "Come on, you can stay at my place tonight."

"Thanks Aurey." Aureylian was Erin's YouTube pseudonym and Sonja often called her that. The women linked arms and walked back to Erin's car. They discussed what Erin was doing at the park in the car ride home and Sonja learned that Aurey goes there to escape her thoughts. Once they were at Erin's apartment they walked inside. Sonja plopped down onto the couch but not before grabbing an Arizona. 

"This makes me feel much better" she said looking at Erin who was sitting down on the couch next to her. Erin grabbed the TV remote and turned on the news.

"Breaking News! Man is on the ledge of the highest building of the city. He is threatening to jump." The announcer said. The camera panned to a brown haired man standing on the edge of a building. Sonja's face went pale and Erin brought her hands to her face.

"Oh no..."

A/N
Who do you guys think the guy is?