Christmas Eve Ball (2): Ch.27

Hermione headed back in, sitting down speechless. No one was at her table, all of them were either at the bar or the food court. Then she felt someone walk past her. She glanced up and saw Draco. "Dropping off clue one"He smirked, sitting on the chair next to her. He raised his hand up to her face, his pointer finger and thumb on her chin. Leaning in a bit and pressing his lips on his. He had it last a few seconds before pulling away and smirking once more. "That's a bit more then a clue don't you think?"She asked, a smile on her lips. "Your friends are pretty dumb, I have to make it obvious"He said. "I think they got the point"She smirked, seeing Harry and Ginny beside the food court, staring at them. "Astoria and Pansy seem a bit shocked as well"He added, watching the two gap at them. "the word will get across quite quickly, clue one is enough"She told him. He rolled his eyes in annoyance before getting up. "I think Potter and Weasley want a word with you, they're on their way"He mentioned before leaving the ball room in a hurry. She rolled her eyes, turning around.

"What was that?"Astoria questioned as she stormed over, reaching her before any of the others. "What was what?"Hermione asked innocently. "That- that- that smoosh"Astoria snapped. "Smoosh?"Ginny repeated, grinning from ear to ear. "You know what I mean!"Astoria snarled before turning back to Hermione. "How long has this been happening?" Pansy questioned before Astoria talked. "2-3 weeks I think"Hermione shrugged. "That doesn't matter! What matters is how? Who knew about this?"Astoria asked. "I only told one person, another person is the reason we're together, one person found out by accident, and I believe 3 people were told by the person who mistakenly found out"Hermione explained. "Names"Astoria snapped "I told Ginny, Blaise helped Draco, Jenny found out accidentally and She told Kevin and Malfoys parents"She said. "You mean Mother found out?"Pansy snarled, her eyes nearly popping out of her head. "She walked into my room when we were sleeping, and Told Kevin who then owled Draco's parents"Hermione Told her. "How'd you find out?"Ginny asked as she sat down beside her. "You know I wouldn't sleep if my door wasn't enchanted, I get paranoid when it's not. It was a simple spell, we knew someone walked in and the only person who could get in with all those enchantments is Jenny because she has a key to every room. Of course she'd tell her husband, and Malfoy knew she was gonna tell his parents, and it was confirmed tonight, Jenny told me and I don't know if she was trying to black mail me with it, but I told her we were announcing it today, so If she tried, it'll just fail"Hermione shrugged. "I want to know how you got away with it"Pansy said. "I'm guessing it surprised her so much she didn't know what to do"She told her.

"Other then that"Harry snapped as he sat down across from Hermione. "Why?"He questioned. "Why?"Hermione repeated. "Yes why, why would you date him?"He asked. "How am I supposed to answer that?"She scoffed. "You're acting like you can control who you fall in love with"She added. "I mean what made you like the git? Did he brainwash you or something? Did you forget everything?"Ron questioned, asking Harry's thoughts. "He made up for it, just like you did"Hermione stated. "What did I do to make up for?"He asked. "It seems like you're the one who's brain washed, In 6th year, you picked a fight with her nearly every 2 weeks, also in 3rd year and 4th"Ginny reminded him. "Not to mention the way you treated me the first half of 1st year" Hermione added. "All those combined couldn't make up the things he's done! He hit you with a spell! He called you that awful name for years, and made you cry much more then I have"Ron snapped. "First of all, The spell was aimed for Harry, not me, and even if it was, now it's fair since I punched him in 3rd year. Second of all, He called me awful names but he made up for that, And third of all, you made me cry the most, so don't even go there"She counted off. "Why don't we not talk about this right now, you know skeeter will write it all down"Harry reminded them. "Still not an excuse for him to act like a git"Hermione snarled.

5 minutes before the speeches, Draco returned. He sat down in his seat and ignored the glared he was getting from Harry, Ron and Theo. "I talked with McGonagall and she said the ball will be ending an hour early, we don't have a choice to stay at Hogwarts, so we are allowed to stay either at a friends house or our own homes"Hermione told them. "So she's just giving us all the surprises at once?"Pansy questioned, rolling her eyes. "What about all our things, we're gonna be off for 2 weeks, we have to take them with us"Astoria said. "All our trunks are being sent home, by tomorrow morning they should be outside the house"Hermione explained. "So are you gonna go with us or them?"Ginny asked her. "I'll be going with them, but if anything happens, you'll find me at your doorstep"Hermione said, with a roll of her eyes.