Trouble: Ch.31

THE MALFOY FAMILY BRINGING BACK OLD PUREBLOOD TRADITIONS?

This morning, we were informed that the Malfoy family has decided to renew the traditional pureblood marriage plan. Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy have signed off a deal with the Greengrass family, that their children shall marry by the end of 2000. This was a very old pureblood tradition back in the 40s, that the Malfoys found amusing. Have they done this to separate Mya Parkinson (former Hermione Granger)? How will we know?

"They signed a deal with Astoria's parents! What if they're marrying you off to her? What am I gonna do with myself after you marry my best friend!" Hermione cried as she threw the daily prophet on the ground. "I told you I'm going to find a way out of this! I'm not marrying Astoria, nor am I gonna marry Daphne!"Draco said. "I've been researching this tradition all night! You can't get out of it, they've hunted people down, they've killed and tortured people! There's no way out"She snapped. "I'll get them to sign off! They have 3 weeks to undo it, Astoria will help convince her parents to undo their end too"Draco snarled, trying to deal with her frustration, along with his. "I've been trying to convince them all day, 4 hours straight and they won't listen"Astoria said as she entered the kitchen. "How'd you get in?"Hermione questioned, her voice coming out rude. "You didn't lock the door properly, it was easy" Astoria told her as she walked toward her. She put a hand on Hermione's shoulder, pulling her into a hug. "There's nothing we can do to stop it"Astoria explained, leaning back, away from the hug. "Why have they decided to do it now? Why couldn't they do it when he wasn't in a relationship!" Hermione snarled under her breath. "They're doing it because they think you're the reason Draco acted out yesterday"Astoria said. "Nott probably gave them the idea"Draco muttered, throwing his plate at the wall. "Calm down, we're gonna find a way out of this"Pansy said as she entered the room with Blaise and Daphne. "What're you doing here?"Astoria asked her sister. "She may be an enemy but she's been good to me all break, might as well try to help"Daphne told her. The others all sat down at the table as Hermione leaned against the kitchen counter.

"There has to be someone we can talk to, to try and convince them out of it"Blaise said as he picked up an apple out of the fruit Bowl. "Only the parents of the parents can stop them"Draco scowled. "My grandparents are dead, and Her grandparents lost contact with the family a long time ago, we're screwed" He added. "Get in contact with your grandparents then, as long as you get them to sign the form, you'll be able to get out of it"Hermione said to Astoria. "We can't, we haven't talked to them in years, it's almost been 3 decades and I don't know if they're even alive"Astoria told. "They are, every pureblood family has a bloodline book and I have ours"Daphne spoke. "Isn't there a way to track them?"Blaise asked. "There is but it's a very complicated spell"Hermione explained. "We have you, it should be easy"Astoria said. "Then I'll need to wait till the next full moon. That's on New Year's Eve. We're gonna have to do it infront of moon light for it to work"Hermione sighed, knowing it might not work. "Why under the full moon? And how are we gonna do it infront of moon light in the middle of winter?"Draco questioned. "They do it as a safety hasard, if your family was on the run, like before, and someone got there hand on the book and did it whenever, you would've been caught immediately"She said, answering the first question. "We can do it here infront of the window, it's good enough. We'll need the book of course, so you'll have to bring it with you on New Year's Eve"she Added. "That's a few days from now, we can still try to convince them without getting others involved"Blaise told. "We'll go now, Malfoy, Pansy and I will go to the Malfoys, Daphne, Astoria and Blaise, you go to the Greengrasses" Hermione instructed before heading to her room to change out of her pyjamas. She got her yellow bodycon high neck t-shirt and black checkered sweats.

After getting dressed, Hermione headed down stairs, tying her hair in a bun

After getting dressed, Hermione headed down stairs, tying her hair in a bun. The rest were already at the door, waiting. "Come on then, let's go"She said, going to open the door. They went into an empty alley not too far away before apparating, hoping they weren't seen. They didn't have to split up since the Greengrasses and Malfoys were at Parkinson Manor. "Me, Daphne and Blaise will do the talking, you 3 just don't say a word"Pansy told before entering the house. Poppy came to them and led them to the kitchen, where the parents were. They entered and realized that the Notts were there too. "We didn't know you'd be joining us for Breakfast"Mrs.Greengrass said, a small smile on her face. This was the first time Hermione had seen her, but she saw some of Daphne and Astoria in her. "We need to talk"Daphne told them. The table they were sitting at magically expanded, making enough room for all of them to sit. "I believe you got our letter"Lucius questioned, noting the way Draco was glaring at him. "No shit"He snapped, making Pansy glare at him to shut up. "We want you to reconsider the marriage" Astoria spoke. "Astoria, we've been through this, you and Draco are getting married. Both of you have been single for the past 6 months and you're fit for each other"Her mother said. "Who said he was single?"Hermione asked sharply. "You're Mya then?"Mr.Greengrass questioned. "I am, and I want to know where you're getting your information" She snapped. "Calm down, There's no point in arguing" Pansy told her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "We all know your fling with Draco wouldn't actually be considered a relationship"Narcissa said. Astoria covered Hermione's mouth, knowing she was about to say some very unacceptable words. "Daphne, please"Astoria said to her sister, gesturing to take Hermione into the hall. Daphne rolled her eyes, grabbing Hermione's arm lightly and taking her out to the hall. "I'm so close to just setting everything on fire"Hermione muttered under her breath as she paced around the hall.

"Mother, you can't decide what my relationship with her is"Draco snarled. "Be honest with your self Draco, 10 years from now, who do you see yourself with? Definitely not her! She can't even afford her own place if it weren't for her parents, she's also rude and inconsiderate"Narcissa snapped. "Rude and inconsiderate? Are we talking about the same person?"He scoffed. "And yes! I do see myself with her 10 years from now, not with Astoria, Not with Daphne, not with Pansy- With Mya"He added. "She also isn't poor, she nearly has 200 million Galleons saved up!"He said. "Draco, you're gonna have to trust me on this, that girl isn't right for you, and I will not let you continue things with her. You will go out and tell her your fling is over. At least Astoria could teach you something, this will be a punishment. And next week, you're going ring shopping with Andrew and Lucius"Narcissa barked. Andrew was Astoria and Daphne's father. "If you're doing it to punish him, why bring me into it?"Astoria questioned. "I don't want to marry him, he's the last person I want to be with"She snapped. "Astoria, you will marry him, end of story"Maria stated, The mother of the Greengrass family. "Pansy, tell your sister to meet me in the living room"Jenny said. Pansy nodded and left the room, Jenny going through another door.

"What, are you gonna scold me too and tell me to give him up to my best friend?"Hermione snapped at her parents as she sat in the living room with them. "Of course not, giving up on someone would just make you seem weak"Kevin scoffed. Hermione was about to speak but there was a loud yell. "THEN THERES NO FUCKING WAY YOU'RE GETTING A HEIR!"Astoria's voice rang about. The 3 stood up, about to head to the door when it burst open. Astoria walked in, grabbing Hermione's arm and dragging her out. Draco and the others were already at the door. They opened it and went out, ignoring their parents. "Daphne got the book, on New Year's Eve, we'll locate my grandparents and we'll get them to help us"Astoria said, her face red in anger.

They returned to Hermione's house, all stressed out. "Why do they want us married? We dated for 2 weeks and couldn't stand each other"Astoria snapped, throwing her water bottle at the wall. Hermione managed to stop it before damaging the wall. She then headed towards the back of the house, where her new library was. The rest followed her, not knowing what to do. She had taken out 6 books and was flipping through them. "What're you doing?"Daphne asked. "I can find your grandparents by tonight, I'm not waiting two more days"Hermione said, going through another book. They just stood, watching her. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 12 minutes- "There you go!"She snapped, closing the last book shut. "Give me the book, and one of you close the blinds. I have some candles in the drawer under the stove, and there's a lighter beside it, get those"She said quickly. They did as told, getting everything. They turned off the lights and lit 3 candles, placing them around the book.

"You can see their location with candle light instead of moon light"She said shortly, opening the book. She went to the last page, reading the names. Andrew Greengrass, Maria Greengrass, Daphne Greengrass, Astoria Greengrass. Hermione backed up a page, and found their grandparents's names. "Ian and Lia, that's them"Astoria assured her. Hermione half way flipped the page, having it in the middle. She told Pansy to get the candle, to hover it below the page, far enough that it wouldn't catch on fire. Words because appearing:

49 Viale Pasubio, City of Milan, Italy

"We've found them"Hermione grinned.