Halloween: Ch.11

A few weeks passed and It was currently Halloween. "You know, I think I'll go down to hogsmead today, be back in time for the feast"Pansy said as she put her book away, having just finished studying. "Right now?"Hermione questioned. "Well The rest all went before us, and I told them We'd catch up with them so I Have to go. Have a nice 2 hours before returning for the feast"Pansy shrugged. "What do you mean 'we'd catch up'? You mean I have to go?"Hermione snapped. "Come on Mya! You haven't hung out with us for 2 weeks, always with the weasel of yours"She scowled. Hermione rolled her eyes: she'd been spending time with Ron to make their dating more realistic. "He's my boyfriend Pans, You can't expect me to ditch him just to hang out with the people he hates most"She said. "So you're not hanging out with us because of him?"Pansy snapped. "No! Of course not! It's just the days he wants to hang out, the rest of you ask me like an hour after he had"She said. She opened her mouth to continue but stopped for a second. "It's the boys always asking me to go with you guys"She muttered. "And?"Pansy questioned. "The boys have been following me nearly everywhere. I ran into them when I was near the Lake with Ron! And again in the library and when I was going to Gryffindor tower!"She snapped, closing her book shut. "They've been asking me to see if I'd leave Ron for them! They must've heard him asking me and tried to get me to ditch him!"She said. "I don't know how you made that up"Pansy muttered, looking away from her sister nervously. "You knew about this?" Hermione asked. "No! Well... kinda! Mya they're in love with you! Literally all they think about is you! They're jealous, they're annoyed, you can even say they're mad! They want you to get away from Ron! And For the brightest witch of our age, you're pretty slow. They've been like this since September" Pansy said. Hermione let out a breath. "So you're telling me, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Theodore Nott have been trying to get me away from my boyfriend because they're in love with me? It's impossible, the 'getting me away from Ron' seems reasonable but the 'love' part is bizarre" Hermione said. "You're oblivious! Do you not see how they look at you?! They always defend you against Daphne and Tracey and Sally, not just the boys who hit on you! Those three, they've known for years and Rather choose you because-"Pansy was saying but got interrupted. "Because I'm your Sister! Because I'm pureblood! Because I don't look like Granger!" Hermione yelled. "Tell me, has either one of them given me a second glance before the war ended? Not one! And before you say it, Malfoy only did to make fun of me. He's not a nice person, and definitely not someone I want to date" She continued.

They calmed down and Hermione headed to the bathroom, locking herself in. "Mya I'm sorry"Pansy muttered, her head tilted back against the wall. The room was so quiet, Hermione had no trouble hearing what her sister said. She stared at the mirror and sighed. She wanted to say 'You didn't know' but she couldn't because Pansy had helped them out with tormenting her. 'But Pansy Apologized, so did Blaise and Theo' A voice in her head said. 'It doesn't take back anything' Hermione thought angrily. She got dressed (putting on a dress that stopped right above her knee and a leather jacket) and left the bathroom to go to hogsmead. She needed a rest and hopefully hogsmead would help.

They went to the three brooms sticks and saw the group

They went to the three brooms sticks and saw the group. Sadly, Tracey, Sally and Daphne were there. The two siblings sat down, Hermione feeling a bit uncomfortable about how Draco was staring at her. 'What the fuck does he want'She thought bitterly, shifting her gaze away from him. "What took you guys so long?"Astoria asked. "Someone didn't want to come"Pansy said, glancing at Hermione. "She doesn't even want to be here, why would you bring her, she's just a waste of space"Tracey snapped. "Davis if you have a problem with her, you can leave"Blaise snarled. "Why are you all chasing after her! She hates you! You should hear how she talks when she thinks no one is around"Tracey barked. Hermione raised an eyebrow at her. "What exactly do I say?"She snapped. "Before coming here, 'they're not nice people and they're not people I want to be around'"Daphne smirked. "Don't try mixing my words" Hermione snarled. "But you said something along those lines"Sally snapped. "She doesn't like you guys! She just hangs out with us so she seems popular"Tracey told them. Hermione opened her mouth to say something but she saw something fall on to the table infront of her. She picked it up and realized it was a note. "Don't think of changing the subject"Daphne snarled as she snatched the note. "Give it!"Hermione snapped, reaching for it. "'Same time, same place', what does that mean?"Sally read over Daphne's shoulder. "It doesn't matter"She barked, managing to take back the note. "It's obviously from her dear boyfriend weaselbee"Draco rolled his eyes. "As I said, it doesn't matter" Hermione snapped. "Still, don't change the subject" Daphne scowled. "Enough now"Astoria said. "No, I want to hear her excuses"Daphne snapped. "If I wanted to be viewed as popular, This is the last group I'd be around. And plus, being popular is useless"Hermione rolled her eyes. "An excuse" Tracey scoffed. "Stop it"Pansy groaned.

Hermione only stayed a few minutes before leaving, saying she had to go somewhere. "That's the second time this week, she's up to something"Astoria muttered to Pansy. Last time, she said she was going to the library but when they went to find her, she was no where in the library. They later found her on the 6th floor. "I'll go after her"Pansy said and Astoria nodded. Getting up, she went into the direction she saw Hermione go.

"Well it worked didn't it?"She heard someone say as she hid behind a tree. She peaked and saw Ron sitting beside Hermione on a rock. "It did, but I can't keep up with it. I'm honestly tired of faking love that isn't there"Hermione said. 'Huh' Pansy thought. "So you want to stop?"Ron asked and she saw Hermione nod. "I know you must want to go out with someone else, you know, like with someone you like-" Hermione was saying but Ron interrupted. "Hermione I like you, I love you. The only reason I brought it up was because I thought I could bring back our love"Ron said. Hermione stayed silent a bit. "I told you about this Ron-"She muttered. "But I don't understand! Only a few months ago, we were the happiest couple in the world!"He snapped as he stood. "You! You were happy!" Hermione yelled as she stood as well. "I ended it for a reason! I don't love you the way you love me!"She snarled, tears in her eyes. He was more like a brother to her, she'd told him that. She felt evil for breaking his heart, knowing how much he loved her romantically. "You're playing with my feelings 'Mione"He muttered. "I didn't know you still loved me, I thought you understood"She said. "Clearly I didn't"He whimpered, tears forming in his eyes. "Ron-"She cried, but he looked away, turning and walking away.

After making sure Ron was far enough, Pansy went up to her sister, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Pans-"Hermione gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. 'She wouldn't get mad because I didn't tell her' Hermione thought. "It's ok"Pansy muttered, bringing her sister into a hug. Hermione let out a cry. She valued her friendship with Ron very much, Every time they fought, her heart broke. "You aren't mad?" Hermione asked quietly a few minutes later, pulling away. "I would've liked it if you told me, but you probably have your reasons"Pansy said. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, It's just you might tell the rest and that defeats the point of faking everything" Hermione muttered, wiping away a loose tear. "It's ok" Pansy frowned slightly. "My question is, why're you crying? It was all fake wasn't it?" She asked. "You don't understand, I know how he's feeling right now, he's heart broken and I caused that. If I only knew, I wouldn't have gone through with the plan"Hermione explained. "But you didn't know, don't blame yourself for something out of your control. No one told him to think you like him, it's his fault, not yours"Pansy said, putting her hands on Hermione's shoulders. She nodded slowly and Pansy smiled at her. "Come on now, it's Halloween, let's go enjoy the feast"She told and Hermione nodded once more before following her sister back to the castle.