Finding out: Ch.1

Hermione sat on her bed, going through her photos of either her and her Parents or her and her friends. She Came across a photo of her and her girl bestfriend, Ginny Weasley. Oh how she wanted to see the redhead again.But she'd told them all that she was spending time with her parents. That wasn't true. She was spending time alone after not being able to find her parents. None of them knew that of course. She put the photo down, not wanting to think about it anymore as she picked up another picture. A picture of her, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley. She missed them more then she missed the redheaded girl.

"Bloody hell"She muttered as she felt tears sting her eyes. She wasn't supposed to cry; she had convinced herself that she could look at the photos without getting emotional. Obviously not Hermione thought. She got up and put the photos away. She checked her calendar, wanting to see how many days were left till she could see her friends again. Why did I have to tell them I wouldn't see them till The first of September? She thought to herself everyday.

August 15 1998

16 days left. Before she could even let out a sigh of Impatience and misery, she heard a knock on her door. She grabbed her wand and stuffed it into her back pocket before heading to the door. She opened the door and her mouth dropped.

"Parkinson?"She muttered as she stared at the girl in shock.

Pansy Parkinson nodded. "What are you doing here, in a muggle neighbourhood?"Hermione asked. "I'll explain once you let me in"Pansy said. "I'm not letting you in till you explain why you're here" Hermione argued. Pansy let out a sigh. "You're not a mudblood"Pansy said. "What"Hermione asked. That was definitely not what she expected. "Let me In and I'll explain"Pansy repeated.

Hermione finally moved aside (after a long argument) and Pansy entered. They sat down and Pansy began to speak. "I found out not too long ago that You aren't a mudblood, neither are you from the Granger family"She began. "What does it have to do with you?"Hermione asked. "I- I am your sister"Pansy said.

Her jaw dropped a little. "Sister?"Hermione repeated. Pansy nodded. "When we were about a year old, you were Sold to another family by our uncle. By what our parents have told me, he was babysitting you while we were shopping for your birthday or something. So he kidnapped you and sold you to a family. A family of death eaters. He refused to tell Mum and Dad the name of the family after being found a year after you disappeared and ended up erasing his own memory so no one could find you. He's dead now though, got killed by the dark lord as he was no use without his memory"Pansy explained.

"How are you sure I'm your sister?"Hermione asked suspiciously. This sounded too dramatic to be true. "Well a few years ago, the family you were sold to were caught murdering a muggle Family. While under Veritaserum, they let slip that they had been the family that had taken you. By the time the ministry had found out it was you, The family told them they had sold you to an orphanage. After searching for another 2 years, their investigation was cut short because of the war. With better workers, they were able to track you down under the new name you were under. They checked in with the adoption Center to make sure and their suspicions were correct"Pansy told her.

Hermione sat silently. This couldn't be true. She was Hermione Granger, muggle-born witch. Hermione finally found somewhere to start. "You never knew about this?" She asked. Pansy shook her head. "I only found out last month after I came over some files in dad's office"She explained. "Why aren't they here? Why'd they send you?" Hermione asked. "The main part is that I grew up with you, the other part is that they have a business trip for the whole month. We didn't know where to find you, I only found the location last week"She Said. "Why didn't you tell me last week?"Hermione Asked Her. Pansy Glared At Her. "You try telling your long lost sister, that you were Enemies with for most of your childhood, that she is actually not a mudblood but one of the most purest witches in the world!"Pansy snapped. Hermione sat silently, Nodding slowly.

"If you want, you can stay here or come with me back to the manor"Pansy Said after a moment of silence. Hermione considered the offer. "Well it's been pretty lonely here"Hermione muttered. "And it's pretty lonely there too, but we'll manage"Pansy Said, taking Hermione's muttering as a 'yes' to the offer. Hermione didn't bother correcting her,she would like to go somewhere else. But she was still suspicious. "Before we do anything, Do you have any proof that we're related?"Hermione Asked. Pansy smirked. "I was wondering when you were going to ask"She Said before taking out a vial, clearly full with memories. "I don't have a Pensieve"Hermione Said, staring at the vial. "But our manor does"Pansy smirked. Hermione frowned. "So either way, I'm going with you?"She Asked.Pansy Nodded. "But, since I'm nice, I decided to get you a piece from the daily prophet that was published almost 18 years ago"She Added as she handed it to her.

Hermione looked at the text;

KIDNAPPING
Mya Parkinson, Daughter Of Kevin And Jenny Parkinson, Sister to Pansy Parkinson, has been kidnapped. Mya was left to be babysitted by her uncle, brother to Kevin, Quinn Parkinson, on a Sunday afternoon while Her sister and parents went Shopping. "When we returned, my daughter and her uncle were no where to be found"stated Jenny. After the case was filed, 2 Aurors Came along with the family as they returned home. Where have baby Mya Parkinson and Quinn Parkinson gone?

Under the text was a picture Of Hermione. "Here's another article about you 3 years ago"Pansy Said and handed it to her.

BABY MYA SEARCH CONTINUES
After the Millipond Family was taken into questioning under Veritaserum, They reveal that they had baby Mya Parkinson in their custody after her uncle, Quinn Parkinson, sold her to them. The Millipond Family had given Mya up and put her in a muggle orphanage. After further investigation, Aurors found the address of the adoption center and went looking for Mya once more. Unfortunately for the Parkinson family, She was no longer there. Where is she now?

"That's the story"Pansy Told Her. "How did you find out last month if these were in the news?"Hermione Asked suspiciously. "My parents restricted me from getting any part of the daily prophet that had 'Parkinson' in it"Pansy explained. "They didn't want me to know incase you were dead, so they could protect me from the pain of loosing someone I've never met. Little did they know, I grew up with you"Pansy chuckled at the last part. "How come they didn't know I was Mya, wouldn't it be in the prophet?" She Asked. "dad didn't even let the minister know who it was"Pansy shrugged. Hermione Nodded in understanding. "I'll go pack then"Hermione Said awkwardly. Pansy got up to wait outside as Hermione went to pack. The second she entered the room, her train of thought began.

Why hadn't she been told before? How hadn't she noticed that she looked different then the grangers? What had caused her uncle to sell her? Weren't the Parkinson's rich like the other Pureblood families she knew? There would be no need to sell her if they were rich.

All those questions filled her head and she didn't know whether To go with Pansy or not. She ran a hand through her hair. She didn't know what to do. Her thoughts Came to an end when she heard a knock on her door. "Come on! We don't have much time before the press gets here!" Pansy's voice was heard. "The press?"Hermione repeated as she opened the door. "Dad just sent a Patronus, one of his coworkers leaked out the address. They still don't know it's you but they will if we don't hurry"Pansy Said. "How did they know You were coming today?"Hermione Asked. "I told Dad yesterday of course, he apparently had other people in the room"Pansy explained.

Hermione quickly packed her stuff with a wave of her wand and she went out through the back door as she heard 'pops' which were definitely from apparation. "This is it! We'll get loads of Interviews!"They Heard a Person say before they heard rushed footsteps. Hermione took out her wand. "What are you doing?"Pansy Asked. Hermione didn't answer as she put a spell over the house. "I don't want them snooping around"Hermione Said. Pansy Nodded before grabbing Hermione's forearm and apparating away.