Work: Ch.43

A few weeks passed, and Hermione was getting ready for work. She had already started awhile ago and found the job interesting. Everything was new and different, which helped her get her mind off things. This morning, Hermione wanted to start off fresh. 30 minutes later, She got out of the shower and got dressed; putting on a baby blue polkadoted spaghetti strapped dress. Hermione put her hair in a low pony tail, and put on her jeans jacket. She exited her room and headed out of the apartment.

She went down the stairs, reaching an apparating point before disappearing

She went down the stairs, reaching an apparating point before disappearing. She apparated into her office, placing her bag down on her desk. She sat down in her chair, and looked at the new files on her desk, ringing the bell that was beside them as she did. A few seconds passed before she heard a knock on her door. "Come in"She said. "Do you need anything Ms.Parkinson?"Her assistent, Lilly, asked. Hermione smiled at her. "Just a cup of coffee if you don't mind, and please call me Granger, not Parkinson"Hermione told. She'd said the last sentence at least 40 times to her. "Of course Ms.Granger, right away"Her assistent nodded, her grin reaching her ears. Hermione liked her a lot, she made her feel welcome and accepted with her attitude. She was overall really sweet. She was about a year younger then Hermione but Hermione saw her as a little sister. After Lilly brought her her coffee, Hermione began working off. Apparently there were 20 new injuries caused by werewolves, 2 Kidnappings and 4 leadings of the rebellions locations. Hermione went through them all, before She heard 4 knocks on her door.

"Come in Lilly"Hermione called. "Miss, one of the coheads of The Department of Magical Law Enforcement is here to see you for the meeting, should I let him in?"Lilly asked. "Of course, thank you"Hermione nodded. She looked back down on her papers, signing off one last thing before putting it away. She felt someone enter the room and heard the door close. "Thank you for meeting me Mr-"She was saying as she lifted her head. Her thoughts, words and brain stopped. "You're the other cohead of The Department of Magical Law Enforcement?" Hermione snapped at Draco. "Indeed I am"He snarled, Sitting in the chair across from her desk. She glared at him, wanting to kick him out right then and there. She turned her chair around, making him face her back as she looked out the window. She felt miserable, her whole day being ruined by his presence. She didn't even know he worked here, let alone be along side her as cohead. She spent nearly 10 minutes like that, before she heard the door open.

"Sorry I'm late, my meeting was a bit longer then expected"Said the Head of their department, John Brook. He was a buff man, middle aged. "Not a problem Sir"Hermione muttered, turning her chair back around towards them. "So have you discussed anything yet?"He asked. "Wouldn't it be better if you started it off sir?"Draco said. "Yes yes, thank you Draco"John smiled. "We've gotten lots of information about the Rebellions lately, and I've got to say, it's more then we can handle. Apparently there's 10 major hideouts across Britain, and we're trying to get as much aurors as possible to invade them all at once"He explained. "That's pointless" Hermione spoke. "Pardon me?"John said. "No disrespect sir but isn't it suspicious to you on why we're getting so much information?"She asked. He glanced at Draco, who's eyes were fixed on the window behind Hermione. "Now that you mention it" John muttered. "How have you been getting the information Mr.Brook?"Hermione questioned. "By our head detective, William Prosper"He told her. "Wasn't he suspected of working with Rebellions 2 months ago?"Hermione asked. "We've had him interrogated twice, and had his memory searched, he's cleared"Draco snapped. Hermione glared at him before shifting her eyes over to John Brook. "Have you made your mind on my suggestion sir?"She questioned. "I don't think it's safe enough Mia, it's extremely risky"John said. "What suggestion exactly?" Draco asked, turning to look at his boss. "Mia suggests that we have Theodore Nott come in, let him out for a few days and we get him to talk with the rebellions"John explained. "Are you insane? He can easily tip them off, that's the stupidest thing you've come up with"Draco snarled at her. "This wasn't an invitation for you to come here and insult my intelligence"She barked. "I trust that Nott will be great help to us"She said. "You often seem to be putting your trust in the wrong people"He snapped. "You're one to talk!"She yelled, getting to her feet. "Enough!"John Snarled. "You two will sit here and solve whatever problem you have with each other this instant! When you've got a plan set, come to my office"He said, getting up and heading for the door. He closed it behind him and Hermione sat back down in her chair. "Get out"She snapped at him. "Gladly"He snarled. He got up and headed for the door. He attempted to open the door but it wouldn't move. Hermione rolled her eyes, she hit the bell beside her and waited for Lilly to appear. Instead, a letter appeared out of no where and fell on her desk. She opened the letter and read it.