Christmas Morning: Ch.28

Hermione was surprised to wake up to talking outside her room rather then a bell (referring to her last experience). "Why won't this door open!"She heard her sister's voice as the door nob twisted. Hermione grabbed her night robe, having nothing other then her old pyjamas to wear because her trunk hadn't arrived. She got up while she tied the ribbon around her waist, going to open the door. "Here's your trunk, get dressed and come down to the kitchen"Pansy told her in a rush as she gestured to the trunk infront of Hermione's door. "We're gonna open the presents and then there's a surprise"Astoria added. The two rushed off before Hermione could say anything. She rolled her eyes, dragging her trunk inside before closing her door. She opened it and looked for something to wear. If there was a surprise, it was possible that they'd be leaving the house. So she picked out something that would be comfortable but also suitable for both situations. It wasn't too fancy, just a plain long sleeved black turtleneck bodycon shirt and a forest green skirt, with black tights.

 It wasn't too fancy, just a plain long sleeved black turtleneck bodycon shirt and a forest green skirt, with black tights

She took her clothes to the bathroom and went to take a quick shower. Once she was done, she got dress and began on her hair. As it was Christmas, they were probably gonna take some pictures, so she styled it different this time. She put her hair in a low bun plait, Which she found suited her. She went out and put her trunk at the end of her bed before leaving her room. She went down to the kitchen and When Hermione had walked in, she realized that none of the adults were there. She saw the others running around the kitchens, talking fast. "What's happening?"She asked Astoria, who was eating a pack of chocolate chips. "They made a bet, who ever can make the better cake, wins a free Dinner of their choice, the losing team will have to pay"Astoria explained to her. "Team 1 is Draco, Blaise and Pansy, Team two is Daphne, Theo, and Me"She added. "Then why aren't you helping?" Hermione questioned, taking the bag and eating a few chips. "While you were taking your precious time getting ready, I was making the cake batter, it's now in the oven and they're trying to find out how to decorate it"Astoria rolled her eyes. The two watched as the others ran around, throwing insults at each other.

Half an hour later, two slices of cake were placed infront of Hermione. "So, come on, try them" Pansy snapped at her. "Can you not try to stare into my soul, you're creepy"Hermione snarled. The other 6 rolled their eyes, sitting down and taking two pieces of cake each: One from team One and Another one from team two. Cake one was a chocolate peanut butter cake, and Cake two was a Chocolate ice cream cake. "They both taste good"Hermione noted, taking a bite from each. "But which one's better?"Blaise asked. "I can't choose"She said. "Then another bet it is, I'm getting my free dinner"Astoria told them as she stood. "Why don't you both just get a free dinner? I'll pay"She suggested. "firstly it's about the challenge, secondly, you said you refuse to use any of the money from the family bank, how are you gonna pay for it?"Pansy asked. "My Muggle parents weren't poor, they both got an average of £140,000 a year, and they were dentists years before I was born. They were millionaires and It was left for me in their Will. They're not dead, I don't think. But they still converted half of their money into Wizarding Money. So you don't have to worry about how much money I have"She explained. It seemed to surprised them, which made her want to roll her eyes. "Where is everyone else?"Hermione questioned, putting her plate in the sink. "Apparently they went to visit Narcissa and Lucius"Blaise said looking back and forth between Hermione and Draco. "Why are you looking at us?"Draco snapped. "They never leave the house to just see the Malfoys at their house! They're obviously there for you two"Astoria snarled. "Should've kept it a secret" Hermione muttered under her breath, taking out a mug to make some hot coco. "You're lucky I haven't pushed you off the roof by now, that was a huge secret"Pansy said. Hermione and Draco rolled their eyes.