Feast: Ch.5

Hermione and the other Slytherins made their way towards the carriages, having just left the train. As they had expected, most of the students wondered who the 'new' girl was. They knew she looked familiar but they weren't exactly sure why she looked familiar. After entering the entrance hall, Hermione was stopped by McGonagall. "Ms. Parkinson, the resorting" McGonagall reminded her. Hermione nodded and followed the HeadMistress to her study. She had barely changed anything in it, it still looked like how Dumbledore had left it. McGonagall Gestured Hermione to sit down while she went to get the sorting hat. She placed it on Hermione's head and the hat began talking.

"Hmm,"Said the hat. "Bravery, belonged in Gryffindor did you? Yes- I remember you, You were believed a Granger"She heard. "But now there's more to you, Bravery, very Cunning, ambitious too, a strong leader indeed. You gave Gryffindor a shot, It's time for Slytherin I think"It continued. "SLYTHERIN"It shouted. "There you go Ms.Parkinson, you may head down to the great hall" McGonagall told her, removing the hat. "Professor, since it's only 2 prefects per year for each house, what's going to happen to my role?"Hermione asked. "You're head girl Ms. Parkinson, it's just the head dorm isn't ready for you and the head boy"McGonagall explained. "Who's head boy?" Hermione asked. "Mr. Malfoy, if you two don't mind, I'll announce it in the great hall, you just won't have a dorm"She said Hermione smiled at the women and left. "Why Malfoy"She groaned after closing the door.

She entered the Great hall and sat down between Pansy and Astoria. "Slytherin then?"Pansy smirked.Hermione Smiled but rolled her eyes. McGonagall appeared at the front of the great hall magically and cleared her throat. "The first years are coming very soon, I expect you to be responsible enough to stay quiet during the whole sorting"She said. People nodded and continued talking (as the sorting hadn't started). "So our dorm has 4 people, Me, Astoria and Daphne and now you. The other dorm has Tracey Davis, Millicent Bulstrode, Nierra Kendal and Sally Smith. Those are the only girls in our year"Pansy explained to her sister. "What if I'm in the other dorm?"Hermione questioned. "They usually put siblings together, like they did with Astoria and Daphne"She said. Hermione nodded. "Did McGonagall tell you the Password?" Astoria asked her and she shook her head. "I forgot to tell you, I'm head girl!"Hermione remembered. "Congrats!"Pansy Grinned. "Who's head boy?"Blaise asked. Her smile faded. "Malfoy"She said, glancing around the great hall. "Congrats to you too"Pansy smirked, feeling her sister glare at her. "Why wasn't there a letter?"Deaco asked. "I don't know, McGonagall said the head dorm isn't set yet so we're sticking to our shared dorms"Hermione said.

The sorting came around and they'd gained about 13 Slytherins. "Now a few announcements"McGonagall said, getting the hall to quiet down. "Firstly; Our new heads are Mya Parkinson and Draco Malfoy"She stated, watching as the crowd clapped, many confused faces. "I suspect you don't know who the head girl is"There were a bunch of nods. "Don't tell me she's gonna introduce me"Hermione groaned as she put her head on the table, covering her face. "She was currently known as Hermione Granger" McGonagall announced. She heard many gasps around her and she just wanted to curl up into a ball. "Can I die?"Hermione muttered to her sister who chuckled. "Where is she?"Someone in the crowd asked. "Both heads will stay behind, so you'll see her before you go to your common rooms"McGonagall said. She stated a few rules and included a few more new things: one of them being that the children were free to wear whatever they like, as long as it's still appropriate for school. There was also another one that stated 7th and 8th (students who redid their year) years were allowed to go to hogsmead whenever they wished.

After the feast, the prefects led the first year students to the common room before the rest of them got up. "No no, you can't leave, you're head girl"Astoria smirked as Hermione tried to get away. She glared at them as they laughed. "Go on, we'll be waiting in the common room for you"Pansy assured her. With a roll of her eyes, she watched them walk off with everyone else while she waited for McGonagall with Draco. "That's her! I knew she looked familiar!"She heard many students say as they passed. She bit her lip, she wasn't some animal at the zoo to be stared at. "Hermione! Ginny told me you had a sister but she didn't tell me you were apart of another family!"She heard behind her after hearing rushed footsteps. "Good to see you too Parvati"Hermione nodded, not looking behind her. She knew Parvati didn't like this kind of treatment but she really didn't care. She heard Parvati walk away and she sighed. "Looks like Granger's gone cold"Draco chuckled before smirking. "Shut your mouth Malfoy"She snapped, glaring at the blonde, who seemed unaffected.

McGonagall set some basic rules, and congratulated them once more before they were dismissed. She sped off, speed walking to the common room. "Parseltongue"Hermione said, gaining entrance to the Slytherin Common Room. Having never entered it before, she glanced around the room. It was a dungeon-like room with greenish lamps. The dungeon extended partway under the lake, giving the light in the room a green tinge. The common room had lots of low backed black and dark green button-tufted, leather sofas, along with dark wood chairs and tables. She spotted her sister sitting at one of the couches and walked over. "That was quick, did you run away?"Astoria smirked, noting that Draco entered many seconds later. "She only set some basic Rules, that's all"Hermione shrugged.

"Well since the both of you are back, I'll be heading to bed, goodnight"Blaise said as he got up, Theo following along. Them, along with Draco, headed off to the Boys dorm. "You're staying awake?"Pansy asked as her, Daphne and Astoria stood. "Of course not, I don't know where our dorm is"Hermione said, standing up as well. They headed to their dorm and Hermione memorized the pathway for later. The room looked similar to the common room: Dark wood furniture black, dark green button-tufted leather covers and greenish lamps. "Your bed is to the farthest right. My bed is beside yours and Astoria and Daphne are on the left side"Pansy explained and Hermione nodded. They all changed into their pyjamas and went to bed, oblivious to what was going on in the Gryffindor common room.

"She's head girl! She didn't even consider telling us! And you still want to be friends with her?!"Ron snarled. "Maybe she didn't know! There's a lot of things we didn't know till McGonagall told us!"Ginny snapped. "Guys, Calm down. Hermione will explain it to us later, I'm sure of it"Harry said to them. The 2 Weasleys glared at each other before storming off to their dorms. "Harry, you don't think Hermione's going to change, do you?"Parvati asked. "she's Hermione, I doubt she will" Harry sighed. He wished her goodnight and left. Ron was muttering under his breath as he went to bed. "Ron, Hermione will explain to us, We'll talk to her tomorrow" Harry said to him. "I don't think so Harry, Her sister is pug-face, she's going to change a lot, She'll ignore us and become a true Slytherin"Ron muttered. Harry didn't know what to say. "Hermione won't change, I know she won't. She's still the same person who helped me find my toad without a second thought"Neville spoke from the other side of the room. "I agree with Neville, you don't have to worry about anything"Dean said, Seamus making a sound of agreement. Ron huffed, although he greatly disagreed, he hoped they were right.

"Do you really think It's a competition? What Pansy said a few days ago?"Theo questioned. "Over Mya? I doubt it, I won't be involved"Draco scoffed. "Of really, weren't you the one always staring at her?"Blaise Asked as he raised an eyebrow at the blonde. "I was just trying to find out what you two see in her"Draco rolled his eyes. "Ya ya, sure Malfoy"Theo smirked. He glared at the two. "I am not even slightly interested in the little twit, you two can have her"He scowled. His two roommates exchanged looks, smirks on their faces. "We'll see Draco Malfoy, We'll see"Blaise said. They all lied down in their beds, thinking the exact same thing:

What was gonna happen over this girl?