Christmas Evening: Ch.29

2 hours, Hermione collected the house in her name. "There are the keys Ms.Granger, Your parents paid the House insurance for the next 3 years. On August 27, 2003, you will have to begin paying again"He told her. Hermione nodded, taking the keys and watching the guy walk to his car. He drove off and She then turned to look at the house. It was now in her name, in both the Muggle and Wizarding world. She entered her childhood home, looking around. It definitely needed some cleaning and rearranging. Hermione had planned everything out. She was gonna take her parents room, her room would become a guest room and the spare bedroom on the first floor would become a small library. There was a shelf full of books but She had her school books, and she didn't have the heart to throw them out. So a library would be nice to have. She also planned on splitting up the basement, thinking of adding a bedroom and a bathroom. The basement could be sit into 3 rooms so the last one she'd make a little hang out room.

Shaking her head to put away her thoughts, she walked to her room, placing her clothes (that her mother had thrown out before) in the closest. She had to clean and reorganize her parents room, so till then, her things would be in her room. Hermione knew she had to get the place cleaned before summer, so she decided that during Easter break, she would stay here to clean it. She already asked Ginny if she would like to help and Ginny agreed. It was 2 weeks so they'd probably only finish the house in time. For the basement, she already got someone to make the rooms, they would be starting next Monday. She would come on the weekends to make sure everything was good. Hermione knew that the person could try and steal but she thought of shrinking everything and placing them in the loose floorboard under her bed, which she would seal magically. There wasn't much anyways, she did some cleaning over the summer, going through papers, files and folders, which made her wonder how she didn't find the adoption papers. She kept that thought aside and closed her bedroom door. Hermione left the house and enchanted it so no one could enter. She would be allowing the construction workers in on Monday and they would have till April. She planned on checking in every 2 weeks, making sure everything was fine and then she'd return to hogwarts.

Remembering her appointment, she apparated to Diagon Alley. She entered the cafe and saw the reporter. "Almost Late"Rita skeeter said. "Almost"Hermione smiled, sitting across from her. "So, how much are you willing to pay?"Rita questioned. "I only need you for a year, maybe more, so how about 36 Thousand?"Hermione suggested. "36 thousand? I was gonna say 10, but alright"Rita said, Surprised. "Anything to make you happy"Hermione chuckled, forcing a smile on her face. "So why are you sure that I won't just turn my back on you?"Rita asked. "We agreed to the unbreakable vow didn't we? You don't write anything about any of my friends or family without checking in with me about it, and write what ever I tell you to and I'll pay you. And before you ask, if you are questioning if someone's my friend, I want you to owl me, not just guess and publish it"Hermione told her. Rita smirked and nodded. "You just paid my rent"Rita said, shaking hands with her. They made the unbreakable vow, making sure it wasn't noticed. "And by the way, is that Jackie Stone an animagus?"Hermione asked. "She began working last month, I can check if you like?"Rita suggested. Hermione nodded before getting up. "I want to know how she's getting her news"She said.

After that Hermione headed to the Weasleys. It was already 5pm and she had to be back at 6 for dinner. She knocked on the door twice, and soon someone opened the door. "Hermione!"Ginny grinned, letting her in before hugging her. "You should've told us- and where's your jacket?"Ginny snapped. "I have a warming charm on, it's ok"Hermione laughed. "So how're you?"She asked as she entered the living room. "We're alright, did you like your presents?" Ginny questioned. Hermione showed her the necklace on her neck, "I love it" she smiled. They talked for a bit and Hermione realized that she hadn't seen anyone else. "Where is everyone?" Hermione asked her. "Mum and Dad went to get some groceries, Ron and Harry went to Diagon Alley with George, he's opening up the joke shop again"Ginny explained. "I heard"Hermione grinned.