Challenge: Ch.48

Draco stood in his room, staring in the mirror as he fixed his tie. "So you're gonna try to get Mia to fall in love with you again?"Blaise questioned. "It's gonna take a while for her to trust me again, maybe months ("its gonna take years idiot" Blaise scoffed) but I'll get her in the end"Draco said. "Her and Owen have been together for 5 months, there's no way she'll let him go that easily, especially to be with you, a lying, cheating, hoe"Blaise told. "Do you really have to rub it in? I know I messed up, a lot really, but who hasn't? You know how I get when I act off of anger"Draco snapped. "I do but that doesn't matter to Mia, You were getting married after being with Ami for 3 months. To Mia, you loved ami more then her and saw a future with Ami that you didn't see with Mia"Blaise explained. "Since when were you a woman expert?"Draco snarled. "Since I actually got to know how Mia thinks, and to be honest, it would help you if you knew as well"Blaise said. "Then explain, how could I get to Mia's level of thinking?"Draco questioned.

Turning her shower on, her train of thought began. 'Could there possibly be a change of heart? Could I really end up with Draco again? Will I actually ever be in love with Owen if I tried to love him? I see him as a friend and nothing more, but he's having thoughts of marriage. I can't end it, he'll think I'm leaving him for Draco'. "Try to fall in love with him, you're playing a game with him that you thought Malfoy would play with you. You're toying around with his feelings and if he finds out, you know he won't take it easy"Ginny had told her. Hermione ran her hands through her hair, which had grown longer a lot. It was now reaching mid-back, maybe a bit longer. She didn't want to cut it again, knowing she shouldn't take out her anger at her hair, after cutting about 16 inches of hair. She closed her eyes, remembering what happened before the whole mess. Her and Draco were inseparable, they'd always be together, and now she couldn't stand being in the same room as him. She sighed, wrapping a towel around herself before getting out of the shower. Owen wasn't in the house, he had to go to work early due to an emergency call. She suspected it was Draco's doing, him trying to get Owen as far away from her as possible. She rolled her eyes at the thought, going into the bedroom to get some clothes after she forgot to put them on the shelf. Hermione opened her closet and grabbed the first thing she saw, a black long sleeved shirt and turquoise tapered sweatpants.

 Hermione opened her closet and grabbed the first thing she saw, a black long sleeved shirt and turquoise tapered sweatpants

She put them on and grabbed her bag before heading out of the house. Hermione apparated into her office and sat in her chair before hitting the bell on her desk. It took longer then usual for Lilly to enter her office but she found out why. Lilly wasn't there- it was Draco. He walked over to her desk and sat in the chair across her. "What're you doing here"She snapped. "Can't someone come say hello?"He asked innocently. "No, especially not you"She barked. "Where's Lilly" She questioned. "I told her I'd deal with you and that she can have the day off"Draco shrugged. "You can't dismiss my assistant without my permission"She snarled through gritted teeth. "Well I did"He said. Hermione glared at him. "Get out"She snapped. "that isn't a way to talk to your coworker, let alone your future boss"He told. "What're you talking about"She asked. "Well you see love, Mr Brook is going to retire soon and he's chosen me to take his place, isn't it a pleasant surprise"He smirked. "Why would he choose you over me? You've only been back for a week, I've been working for the past 9 months nonstop, there's no way he'd pick someone who's been associated with the ministry's enemy"She snarled. "Well he saw me fit for the job rather then you, and picked me, so we'll be making some new arrangements the second he retires"Draco said. "You aren't my boss yet and I get to speak to you however I like, now get out!" Hermione barked. He smirked, leaning back in his chair. In that moment, her door opened and walked in John Brook. "I didn't expect to see you here Draco" John said as he walked over, sitting in the other chair across Hermione's desk. "Well I suspect Draco told you the plan? I've retired and Draco is now taking my place"He told. "You've already retired?"She questioned. "Yes, and I'm glad Draco's here to take on the job, especially thank you Draco for the new suits, and the personal designer"Brook smiled at Draco. "Of course sir"Draco said. "Well then, I'll be heading out, on the new car I received, thank you again Draco"John grinned.

He left the office and Hermione turned to glare at Draco. "You bought him, you bought your spot!"She snarled. "Yes yes, I know you're upset, but you should watch your attitude around your boss more often"He smirked. Hermione shut her mouth, not wanting to slip up with her words. "You have 30 minutes till work, you will come to my office so we can discuss the arrangements, you aren't to be a minute late"He said, standing up from the chair. He left the office and the second the door closed Hermione grabbed the closest thing to her (which happened to be a glass cup) and threw it against the wall. "Just to think I'd finally get some peace" She muttered under her breath angrily. She left her office after a couple minutes, trying to calm herself before going to get some breakfast.

Time passed and she stood outside her new 'boss's office, knocking on the door to be let in. She was told to enter and she walked in, annoyed. Draco smirked at her, telling her to sit in the chair across his desk. "Since You're the only cohead of the department left, You're going to have to take on the load of my previous job. You're also my new assistant so I'm going to have to keep a close eye on you, to know you're doing your job right"He explained to her. "I don't want to be your assistant nor do I want to take on your workload"She snapped. "You don't have a choice love, your dear boyfriend quit"He smirked at her. "Don't call me that"She snarled before realizing what he said. "Owen quit? What do you mean?"She questioned. He continued to smirk at her, pulling out a portfolio and placing it infront of her. "I suggest you look in the new office designs"He said. "What happened to Owen?"She asked again. He didn't answer. She glared at him before opening the portfolio. It was a floor plan, how the 'new' office was going to be designed. "I'm not sharing an office with you, I'm fine with my own"Hermione snapped. "You don't have a choice, as My assistant, you have to be closest to me if I need anything"He shrugged. She opened her mouth to argue but the door opened.

"I was looking all over for you, we're leaving!"Owen snapped at her, grabbing her wrist and pulling her up from the chair. "What"She said, watching him step towards Draco. "We both quit, you have no control over us anymore!"Owen snarled at him. "As I explained to you before twit, I wasn't trying to do anything, get out before I have you escorted"Draco barked at him. "Twit am I?"Owen muttered before charging towards Draco. Then he fell, stupified. "Apologizes Mr.Malfoy"Someone said, as 2 other people entered and dragged Owen out. "What'd you do!" Hermione snapped at Draco. "I didn't do anything, he got mad this morning and quit, I have nothing to do with his resignation!"He snapped back. "We'll see about that"She scoffed, before heading to the door. He got up quickly, grabbing her arm before she could reach the door. "Your shift just started and the 'meeting' isn't over, you aren't going anywhere"Draco snarled, pulling her to him. "You have no control over me, our relationship ended a long time ago"She said, glaring at him, before freeing her arm and leaving his office.

Hermione quickly went to find where they put Owen. He was tied in a chair, with 3 of Draco's guards around him. "I'm afraid you can't go in there"One of the guards told her when she tried to enter. "Who's stopping me"She snarled. She pushed past them and undid the ropes. She grabbed Owen's arm and led him out, ignoring the guards calling after her. She entered her office and made Owen explain to her what had happened.

Flashback

Draco sat in his office, doing some work when Owen barged in, looking furious. "What're you trying to do? Get me away from Mia? Get it into your head Malfoy, she's my girlfriend and she's forgotten you completely!" He snapped at him. "Have you forgotten who you're talking to?" Draco questioned. "You aren't my boss anymore, I quit, I'm not gonna work for someone as evil as you, not only a rebellion but also a death eater! Me and Mia are done working here, we aren't your little puppets to mess around with"Owen snarled. "Does she know about your little plan?" Draco asked calmly. Owen glared at him. "You're one sick bastard! You know she's in a relationship and you're still going after her! I'm warning you, get anywhere near my girlfriend again and I won't let you get off so easily"He threatened, before storming out.

"So you just went into his office, called him some things told him you and I both quit and left? I'm not leaving a job just over one person! I worked hard to get here and there's no way I'm gonna leave over Malfoy! It's one thing to call my boss such things but it's another to try and get me out of work without my knowledge!"Hermione snapped at him. "Mia you can't be around him! Do you not see what he's trying to do, he's trying to get you to fall in love with him again!"Owen told her. "Do you not trust me! I don't want anything to do with him! But I love my job and I'm not gonna leave because of him! I love you and only you, get that in your head!"She snarled. There was silence, maybe because they were both annoyed, or maybe because it was the first time she'd told him she loved him. Owen raised his hand to cup her face, before leaning down and pressing his lips against hers.

'You still love Draco'...