extra! - what happened to blairon?

- The Burrow -

"No, I can't. I can't do it,", Blaise retreated into the corner of the kitchen. "I doubt Molly has even forgiven me and you expect to tell her about it? Would she even agree to it?"

Ron smiled at Blaise's nervousness, "Come on, Blaise. You should've thought of that before giving me this ring."

Without breaking eye contact, Ron lifted his hand to give the accessory around his left ring finger a light kiss, followed by a smile on his lips, "I don't think she will have anything against you, we're both adults already, anyway."

Seeing the uncertainty on his fiancé's face Ron continued reassuring him, "Mum didn't even flinch when Draco told her that Harry and him were getting married, you'll be fine."

"You've got a point...", Blaise finally gave a small smile. "Okay, let's go back. I'll do it."

Ron grinned brightly, "We'll do it."

The two men went back to their seats around the dining table with the rest of the Weasley family. Well, except Charlie and Bill.

Blaise was getting increasingly more anxious as the dinner continued. Noticing that, Ron grabbed his hand and gave him some soft encouragements.

Even if it wasn't obvious to them, it was obvious enough to the rest of the Weasleys that they were up to something.

"Blaise,", Molly called out as the dark-skinned man's head shot onwards her direction. She was wearing a motherly and gentle look. "Are you planning to tell us anything?", she continued as Blaise shifted his eyes for a moment to look at Ron and back at everyone else at the table.

Ron squeezed Blaise's hand underneath the table.

Everything will be alright.

"Oh, um,", Blaise clumsily stood up, pushing his chair backwards into making an uncomfortable sound and released Ron's hand in shock. This seemed to make his anxiety spike.

Ron smiled at him, Blaise didn't seem like the type to be nervous. The man before him was someone who seemed so cocky and confident but became so nervous when asking a mother for her son's hand in marriage. The red-haired also stood up.

"We're engaged, mum."

"Uh, yeah. That. I'm going to be marrying your son...", Blaise inhaled deeply to calm his nerves. The worst was already over with, but he still felt the need to add on. "I know you probably don't like me seeing that I used to be an asshole to Ron, but I swear on the Zabini family name that I'll make your son happy."

Molly's smile dropped.

So did the colour of Blaise's face.

"Oh I'm kidding!", she laughed, a grin returning to her face. "I've known for a long time, George told me about your engagement! I was planning to pretend to decline your request but your reaction was priceless!"

"George! Why did you tell mum? It was going to be a surprise!", Ron looked at his brother in disbelief.

George whistled as if he was uninvolved in the matter, "With you parading around showing off your ring, mum would've found out either way before you told her!"

"Blaise,", Molly called out, "You've been forgiven a long time ago by the Weasleys. I think it's just that you haven't forgiven yourself and I think that's enough of a punishment for you."

Molly stood up, too, and walked over to the couple.

She took Ron's hand in her right and Blaise in her left, "Your next punishment is to take care of my son, you've sworn on your family name and might as well just made an Unbreakable Vow. Don't disappoint me.". Molly concluded as she gave Blaise Ron's hand.

"Don't worry,", Blaise smiled as he looked into Ron's eyes, an overwhelming happiness blooming in him. "I won't."

-----

A/N: Hellooooo sorry if my format is a little different,, I've been taking a hiatus (still in a hiatus bc of writers block) and haven't been typing/writing anything 🥲

My grammar might have exponentially worsen too since I'm posting it right after typing this 😬

Might have a part 2 depending on my motivation ✨  but 70% unlikely