twenty six

Draco's Dreamland

"Draco, wake up. Draco, wake up.", Narcissa lightly shook Draco's arm.

Draco's eyes slowly opened, he fell asleep in the arms of his mother. He stood up in a panic when he was other wizards circling them, wands pointing at them.

Draco looked around for a wand.

"Draco, don't.", Narcissa grabbed Draco's hand and stopped him. "They're from the Ministry, they're here for Death Eaters."

Draco looked from his mother, to the witches and wizards of the Ministry, back to her. He shook off Narcissa's hand, Draco sighed and turned his back to Narcissa, "Take me and my father."

Narcissa stood up. "No, don't take him. Draco doesn't know anything!", she insisted.

One of them simply proceeded to wave his wand and thick and heavy chains appeared on the limbs of both Lucius and Draco, Lucius started floating. Narcissa grabbed Draco and pulled him behind her, "Please, he's just a boy!", she pleaded.

"Narcissa Malfoy, step away. If you continue to protect Draco Malfoy, you will be sent to Azkaban as well.", he shifted his wand to point at Narcissa.

Draco didn't know if he should move or stay.

At that moment, two figures stepped into the room. "Skylark, please excuse the boy. Do not send him to Azkaban just yet, the Minister orders for him to be put on trial.".

Draco turned his head to look at the two familiar faces; Professor McGonagall and Snape. He was shocked.

The man looked towards the door and nodded obediently. He waved his wand again and the excess chains from Draco's bounds dropped, it became lighter.

"Okay, the nine of us will take Lucius Malfoy to Azkaban. While the rest of you will take Draco Malfoy to the Ministry of Magic.", the man instructed. The rest of them nodded and broke off into two teams.

Draco looked at Lucius as his petrified body floated away with the team with more wizards and witches. He hoped that it will be the last time that he saw Lucius.

As the other wizards and witches escorted Draco to the Ministry of Magic, Narcissa decided to follow too, along with the two professors.

At the Ministry of Magic, the trial was held the next morning.

Rising into the confined space surrounded by a layer of bars, the trial began.

Hospital Wing

"-- I don't think we should do it here, you know. Someone might..", a voice trailed off.

"Nah, it's fine, Ron. Madame Pomfrey is outside.", a voice replied, sounding like the person who said it was smirking.

Draco finally registered the voice, it was Blaise and Ron. "Blaise?", he muttered, using all the strength he could muster up. With much effort, he lifted his heavy eyelids.

The first thing Draco was greeted with when he first opened his eyes was a bright, white light. This was followed by Ron and Blaise peering at his face from the same side of the bed.

"Draco! You're awake!", Blaise grinned widely.

"What do you mean? Where am I?", Draco tried to prop himself up on his own, to no avail. "Why does it feel like all my energy has been sapped?"

"Draco, don't move. It's been three weeks since you came here, so it's normal if you don't have any strength.", Blaise told Draco. He then turned to Ron, "Hey Ron, could you get Madame Pomfrey?"

Ron nodded his head and turned to find Madame Pomfrey. "Hey, Blaise. What happened?", Draco asked again, confused as to why Ron was with Blaise.

"You... Don't remember?", Blaise asked, concern.

Draco tried to recall his memories, "I only remember I was in the bat....". When he realised that he was in the Moaning Myrtles's bathroom, Draco retracted his statement. "I was in the Slytherin Common Room."

Blaise didn't buy it. "Draco, Harry found you in the Moaning Myrtle Bathroom. Skip those lies and tell me what happened.", he said in a commanding told.

"Fine. I was in the bathroom..", Draco started before grabbing Blaise's arm, eyes widened. "Blaise, please tell me Potter didn't see my.. D-Dark Mark."

Blaise looked at Draco, did he forget those messages Harry sent him? He looked at Draco's eyes, Draco's eyes were indeed genuinely worried.

Blaise shook his head and looked away, "No, he didn't. He just, uh, passed by coincidentally and saw you.". There was a sigh of relief from Draco.

"By the way, Blaise.", Draco spoke out. Blaise looked at Draco, signalling for him to continue. "Why was the weasel here?", he asked with a slight distaste. "And your tie is really loose."

Blaise's hand travelled to his tie and felt around. His tie was, indeed, loosen and almost becoming undone. "Oh, probably because I just came from the Common Room. I'll go redo it.", Blaise laughed nervously and turned to walk away.