thirty two

Astronomy Tower

"Aren't you cold here? You're in only a layer of clothing and it's still Spring.", Pansy sat down beside him.

Draco replied. "I'll be fine, Summer is approaching soon, you know. And if anything, I have my wand with me."

The conversation ended there, and there was an awkward silence, understandably.

Pansy's mind was running, trying to choose the correct words for her apology.

"Hey, Pansy.", Draco called out as he side eyed Pansy. Pansy glanced over at him. "Do you sometimes wish that you were never in Slytherin? Or had more characteristics of other houses?"

There was a moment of pin-drop silence. It didn't feel awkward, but it felt more like a comforting silence.

Sensing that Pansy didn't have an answer, Draco continued as he looked away.

"If I had more courage, and had been sorted to Gryffindor, maybe things wouldn't have turned out this way. Would've been a win-win situation, you know. I would've been disowned and could probably stand up to my father way before."

"Draco,", Pansy interrupted.

Draco turned to her again.

"It's not a win-win situation, it would've been a win-lose situation. I know how much your family means to you, Draco.", Pansy smiled.

Draco paused to think, "Yeah... I guess. But I don't know. Everything is all messed up. After 17 years, I've been told that everything I believed was a lie. My-"

He stopped. Ever since that day, Draco hesitated to call that man his father. The same man who had always used violence against him to ensure respect, the same man who used one of the three forbidden curses on his son.

"-That man has been thrown in Azkaban.", Draco corrected himself. "Along with many others. You're lucky your parents remained neutral, Pansy."

Pansy had grown along side with Draco, she had remembered what had happened since first year. Other than complaining about the one and only Harry Potter, he had also been under the pressure of high expectations from Lucius.

"Hey Draco, about yesterday...", Pansy started.

Draco quickly sat up, but he had a moment of dizziness from his blood loss. "Oh crap.", he muttered out as he felt like someone had just placed him in a spinning cup.

"Woah, Draco! You'd just woke up, take things slowly.", Pansy firmly gripped his shoulder. "Focus, Draco."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine.", Draco shut his eyes to get his bearings.

"So, about yesterday, I'm sorry for being an asshole. I know I should've heard you out instead of constantly cutting you off.", Pansy released him and leaned onto her palm, looking at horizon the Astronomy Tower was overlooking.

"Ah, it's fine. I was being pretty dramatic too, and I see things are going good with you and Granger?", he eyed Pansy.

A smile appeared on her face at the thought of Hermione, "Maybe."

"Never thought that there would come a day that I will see you showing your affection to someone other than me.", Draco laughed. "You've grown, Pansy."

"Never thought that there would come a day that you're being so vulnerable, Dray.", Pansy's eyes shifted to Draco for a moment, then back. "The first time seeing you actually cry was... Hilarious, to say the least."

"What a great friend you are,", Draco commented sarcastically as he laughed.

Draco sneezed.

"Alright, Dray. Let's get back to the Hospital Wing before you catch a cold. Though, idiots rarely catch a cold.", Pansy laughed and stood up.

Draco groaned as he reluctantly stood up and they walked to the Hospital Wing.