fifty

Hogsmeade

After drinking and talking for two hours, the two walked out of the Three Broomsticks.

Draco was had loosened up, and he seemed to forget about about Lucius escaping from Azkaban. As he held Harry's hand and walked a few steps through the town, he asked.

"Hey, Harry. Why do you... Y'know, like me?", his voice trailed off.

Harry looked at Draco with an odd face. "Did you lose your memories again?", Harry joked. "Your hair which looks so fluffy, eyes which resembles diamonds and your smile.. It's just beautiful."

"But I'm a Slytherin... And a Death Eater...", he added quietly as he looked down.

Harry noticed Draco's mood and squeezed his hand reassuringly, "You were a Death Eater, it was out of fear, wasn't it? And besides, I was supposed to be in Slytherin too."

"Oh yeah... Thank you, Harry.", Draco smiled.

"Speaking of which, you're an idiot, Draco.", Harry laughed. "You have an extremely amusing way of getting my attention. From climbing trees, to always teasing me."

Draco looked away, his face red, "It was annoying, okay? Having to feel butterflies everything I see you.". Draco started to pull Harry onto another way, through a wave of people.

"Draco? Where are we going?", Harry asked.

Draco's face went neutral, yet suspicious to Harry. Something was wrong.

Draco squeezed Harry's hand. But his gut feeling told him that it wasn't a comforting one, and just to follow Draco.

They briskly walked through several alleys, Draco putting on a facade that seemed too disinterested. His pace slowly increased until Draco turned around a corner and entered a shady store while pulling Harry inside with him. Looking around, there was no one inside.

He went to the nearest window and pulling Harry down, hiding below a window sill.

"What's going on?", Harry whispered.

Draco peeked up and around the area, "There were people following us. Do you have your Cloak of Invisibility?"

Harry nodded, took out his Cloak of Invisibility and passed it to Draco.

"Harry, I'm going to check Hog's Head to see if we can go back there. Hide here, protect yourself.", Draco was about to put on the cloak when Harry tugged on it.

The Gryffindor felt his chest constrict. "Don't..", Harry looked up as everyone who gave up their life in exchange for his flashed beyond his eyes. They begun to water, "Don't die for me."

Draco was caught off-guard, he quickly stooped down to embrace him. Harry hugged him tightly. "I won't, I'll be safe with your cloak.", he assured.

Harry nodded as he reluctantly let go of Draco, "Come back quickly, please."

Draco beamed and covered himself.

After Harry heard the door open slightly and shut, he hugged his knees, trying to comfort himself that Draco will come back.

He didn't want anymore people to die for him, he had never wanted anyone to die for him.

Everyone he had ever truly loved had died for him. Harry didn't want Draco to be the next victim, he hoped that Draco wasn't the next victim.