thirteen

Potions Classroom

"Because of some unfortunate circumstances, I will be personally rearranging the classroom seating.", Snape addressed the class, eyes scanning the room. "Changes are permanent."

"Hey, what do you think the 'unfortunate circumstances' is?", Ron asked Harry and Hermione.

Hermione replied, "It's because of the fact that Hogwarts has an eighth year that they never had before, obviously.". Hermione raised an eyebrow, "Ron, your questions make you look bad."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever.", Ron shrugged his shoulders.

After a few minutes, Snape finished changing the seating. The Golden Trio were separated. Ron was sat next to an average seventh year in the middle, Hermione was placed between two of the struggling seventh years in the front and Harry was seated next to Draco at the back.

"Fancy sitting with you, Harry. I thought you were going to arrive to class tomorrow. ", Draco smiled brightly, heart thumping like crazy over the boy he liked sitting next to him.

Harry couldn't help but to smile back at Draco, "Yeah, I'm here. Bet you didn't expect me, did you?".

For the rest of the potions class, Harry and Draco were secretly talking during lesson time as Snape continued to teach his lessons. He knew that Harry was talking to Draco and he knew he could very well send Harry to detention.

However, Snape has never seen Draco that cheerful in the entire eight years that he has known Draco. Draco was constantly under the watchful eye of Voldemort and his Deatheater father, and had no freedom nor real smile.

Snape decided against reporting Harry and just let it slide.

After, when Potions was over and everyone were heading for their next class. Most of which had Charms next as many followed the 'Harry Potter' and started signing up for the same subjects.

Draco walked together with the Golden Trio to the Charms classroom. They were chatting nonstop while on the way, and many of the students from the other houses were staring at them.

Murmuring started, "The Draco Malfoy is hanging out with Gryffindors, much less Harry Potter?". The Slytherins were all pointing at Draco and would knit their eyebrows when he looked in their direction. The Gryffindors were giving disgusted looks to the Golden Trio, "The Chosen One is friends with a Deatheater?"

Draco's face visibly darken by that word which the students called him by. Hermione noticed it and pat his back, "Draco, don't listen to them. They don't know anything.". Draco nodded, he really regretted choosing Charms class, Pansy and Blaise weren't together with him.

"Yeah!", Draco pasted a smile on his face. "You're right... Their opinions doesn't.. matter.", his voice became softer with every word. "Sorry. I'm not feeling well, please help me let Professor Flitwick know."

Hermione wanted to protest, but looking at Draco's face, she nodded her head. "Sure, we'll also get notes for you and pass it to you when we come see you later at the Hospital Wing.".

Draco quickly shook his head, "No, no! It's fine, I'll be in the Slytherin Common Room.". He said as he backed off and brisk walked away to the direction of the dungeons.

"Well, that's... Unusual of him.", Harry commented, watching Draco's back as he walked away with shoulders slumped over, arms hugging his books and looking at the ground. "Is he alright?", Harry asked.

Hermione sighed, "It doesn't seem so, he is like a completely different person from the past few years. He seems so... sorrowful.". They slowly turned towards the Charms classroom and started to walk.

"Hey, Hermione, do you have Draco's number?", Harry asked.

Hermione nodded, "What do you need it for?"

"Uh, I was planning to give him a call and check on hi-", before Harry could complete his sentence Hermione cut him off.

"Oh.", she shifted her gaze. "Well, I left my phone somewhere. Most likely in my dorm.", she said as a matter-of-factly.

"Then I'll get it from you later."

"Sure, of course!", Hermione answered as she sped up to the Charms classroom.

Harry took out his phone and stared at it's black screen. He was concerned for Draco, but yet he couldn't do anything.