fifty three

Bridge to Hogwarts

Harry quickly swung his wand to move a decent size chunk of stone from the broomstick crash to defend himself.

The stone got struck and exploded in his place.

After shooting spells and curses right after crashing into the bridge, Harry could feel his energy draining and he was getting fatigued.

Lucius was getting more confident as he saw the Gryffindor start to falter. Shuffling back, Harry tripped over a stray pebble and fell back onto the floor.

Lucius pointed his wand and stared down on him. "Oh, how the mighty has fallen.", he sneered. "Harry Potter, the Chosen One, the Golden Boy who defeated Lord Voldemort."

Clenching the wand in his hand, Harry waited patiently for a chance. His energy couldn't last for long.

At this moment, Draco stopped in his tracks. He had finally came to his senses. He turned around to see Harry at the end of Lucius' wand.

"You will be conquered by me, Lucius Malfoy!", Lucius snickered as he looked away for a moment.

There was his chance!

"Expelliarmus!", Harry shouted, waving his wand towards Lucius.

Lucius' wand flew out of his hand and fell behind him. In a heartbeat, Harry followed up with another spell. "Stupefy!", Harry shot at Lucius.

As Lucius froze and fell forward, Harry sighed. The adrenaline was slowly easing out, and he was really tired.

In a distance, Harry and Draco saw dark clouds coming, this paired together with rapidly moving Dementors charging at their direction. Draco started to run back to Harry.

"Well, this is it, I guess?", Harry laughed while lying on the floor, almost no energy left. "I wished I had told Draco that I love him earlier."

The Dementors' Kiss wasn't the most ideal way to go, in fact Draco's kiss would be much more ideal, but he could feel the energy being sapped from every fiber of his muscles.

Harry closed his eyes as he gave up to his fate and Draco started sprinting back to Harry.

There was no way Draco could reach Harry in time. Tears started to well up in Draco's eyes as he thought that he would lose Harry forever.

"Harry! Don't go!", Draco screamed desperately, as if his voice would make a difference. That moment, he remembered the spell that Harry performed while on the Firebolt to keep the Dementors away.

"Expecto Patronum!", Draco waved his wand at the Dementors, but nothing came up. "Expecto Patronum!", Draco repeated, begging for the spell to work.

Why wasn't it working?

Emotions overwhelmed the blonde as the tears he tried to control started flowing uncontrollably. His legs gave out and he dropped onto the floor, kneeling over with his hands supporting his body weight.

I don't want to lose him, who has become my everything.