fifty one

Hogsmeade

Harry had obediently hid under the window sill. His nerves were on its edge, fingers tightening around his wand and he was ready to hex anyone who found him.

The door opened ever so slightly and closed, the air seemed still until Draco took off Harry's cloak and was facing Harry face-to-face.

Harry heaved a sigh of relief.

"We can't go back by Hog's Head, Harry.", Draco said. "There are people lurking around Hog's Head. We need to go by the long way."

"By the bridge?", Harry whispered-exclaimed. "It's a long way from here."

Draco ran his hand through his hair, "We don't have a choice, even the Dementors are coming soon. I saw them in a distance, they're coming."

That information set off an alarm in Harry's head. They didn't have a choice. "Dammit.", he cursed. "I'm so sorry for dragging you into this, Draco. I shouldn't have continued with this."

Draco shook his head, smiling. "I enjoyed it. I know you were trying to get me to relax."

The duo heard a few heavy, running footsteps directly outside the window above them.

Draco stretched his hand, "C'mon, Harry!"

Harry grabbed his hand. They stood up together and huddled together and placed the cloak over the both of them. It wasn't big enough to cover their feet, but beggars couldn't be choosers.

Avoiding crowded places and sticking to deserted alleyways, Harry and Draco walked to the end of Hogsmeade, the side closest to Hogwarts.

At the same time, Harry was calling his broomstick.

"Are you ready?", Draco looked at Harry as they hid at the side of the last store of Hogsmeade.

Inhaling deeply, Harry nodded.

They sprinted.

From a distance, the two could see Harry's Firebolt coming at full speed.

The two ran out from their hiding spot at full-speed. Being two pairs of ankles-down running, they were found easily.

Soon, pillars of smoke started to chase after them. So did dementors, and they were coming from both behind and in front them, where Harry's Firebolt was coming from.

Useless except for being an inconvenience to running, Draco pulled off the cloak and rolled it up.

Thereafter, the two met up with Harry's broomstick. As Draco was the faster runner, he was driving the broom while Harry was the passenger.

The Firebolt made a sharp turn upwards, taking the fastest route towards the skies and Hogwarts. Trying to multitask, Draco took out his phone and called Pansy.

Pansy immediately picked up, "Hey Dray, how's your date?".

"Pansy!", Draco shouted. "The Dementors and Death Eaters are chasing us, tell McGonagall now!", he ended the call and shoved it back where it once was.

At that moment, Draco and Harry rode straight into the hoard of Dementors. Draco held his breath as they approached closer.