six

Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom

As he approached the entrance of the bathroom, he heard a soft sobbing sound and Myrtle's voice comforting it.

"No, you don't understand... I'm tired of people associating me with Slytherin and Slytherin with the Deatheaters! I know it's all my fault, I know I'm to blame. I know I should've died in that fire, but Harry saved me. Why did he do that? Why did I reach out?", Draco rambled as he sobbed and tried to catch his breath.

Harry looked over into the bathroom, careful to not make a single sound.

"Hey! Listen! You are Draco. You're not a Deatheater. Since when did the great and powerful Draco cared about what people think? We've been through this since the first week of school, Draco. You're not a Deatheater. Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape all agreed.", Myrtle sighed as she squatted beside him and patted his back.

Draco dropped his head into his hands. "Nothing seems to be working. I tried digging out the mark, scratching out the mark, disfiguring it, but nothing is working!", he choked out. "He's always here. He's always watching me, Myrtle. I don't know what to do anymore!"

Harry couldn't look at the sorry state of Draco anymore. He started to feel guilty about how he treated all Slytherins as evil, especially Draco. "He has been really lowkey this year...", Harry muttered to himself.

But before he could realise that he said it aloud, Myrtle seemed to have heard him over Draco's crying. "Draco, give me a minute.", Myrtle disappeared into the ceiling as she said that.

"Boo!", Myrtle appeared beside Harry. Fortunately, he concealed his shock.

"Myrtle,", he whispered as he looked around then removed his cloak. "How did you know it was me?", Harry asked.

"Name me another eighth year who has an invisibility cloak.", Myrtle grinned.

Harry then understood, Myrtle was pretty sharp.

"What happened to Malfoy?", Harry questioned Myrtle.

Myrtle looked away and expressed a pained look. "You.. Shouldn't ask me. I'm not in any position to tell you..", Myrtle started and continued talking as Harry peeked over at Draco again.

*TW: Self-harm scene*

Draco now had his wand out, muttered some words, and pulled up his sleeve. The dark mark was unrecognizable, in it's position were many deep, dark red cuts.

A knife appeared in his hand. "I never chose to be born in this stupid family!", he pressed and dragged the blade repeatedly into his skin. "I never wanted to be part of the Deatheaters! Why am I here? Why don't I just die already? Even the other Slytherins don't like me!"

Harry immediately looked at Myrtle and pointed to Draco. She made a shocked face and immediately glided back to Draco, "No, no, no, Draco... Draco, it's okay.. Everything is alright.".

After reopening the scars that his skin desperately tried to mend, they were being opened again. Blood wouldn't stop dripping, and Moaning Myrtle continued to comfort Draco.

*End of self-harm scene*