Chapter 1

I couldn't help myself! I was too excited!!! After this back to Dimitri, you've been left hanging long enough waiting for his next chapter.

Who would have thought avoiding someone would be more work than tracking them down. Guess that happens when you are continuously thrown into situations that puts the person you are trying to avoid right in front of you. Plus the closeness of our group doesn't help me with avoiding him. Nor does the fact I work for him. All of these come together to create the perfect storm and one major heartbreak.

No other way to put this. I am an idiot. I was an idiot for getting involved with him, but more so I was an idiot because I let him walk away. He was willing to fight for us and make a relationship work. Instead of standing beside him I tucked my tail between my legs and ran home to lick my wounds. I used the fact I work for them as a crutch to avoid a relationship with him when in all honesty there is nothing in the contract prohibiting us from being together. Just my foolish pride and independent nature. I also didn't want to give the company I work for a reason to dig into anything in my file because the little white lies I told need to stay undetected.

I give off this air of being all put together and having all the answers, but secretly I live by the motto fake it till you make it. Over the years I've gained enough experience and knowledge to the point that I'm not faking it as much as I use to. I love what I do, but more importantly I love working for Steel Wolf. They gave me a chance when no one else would. I know I have a hard exterior and not everyone can deal with it plus let's not forget my major lack of experience. All of that made it hard for me to get a band to stick with me. At least that's what I forced myself to believe.

Maybe if they had know about my anxiety things may have been different. But that was not something I was willing to share with anyone. So I created this different persona and convinced myself I was the person I created. When inside I was anything but. Like I said fake it till you make it. Fast forward to now and I feel as though I have a strong grasp of my anxiety and I really am the person I had pretended to be all those years before. None of the guys know, but I have a feeling some of them speculate.

As I sit there in what I was told was the club house watching the happy recently engaged couple kiss and mingle my mind wanders to a different time. The first time I met Steel Wolf. The first time I met Ryder Clark.

~*~

I was running late. Again. Mr. Gear had called me earlier this morning instructing me to be in his office at ten. He did not sound pleased, which caused me to have a mini panic attack in the shower and now I was late because of it. Technically I still had five minutes till it was ten, but by Mr. Gear's standard if you were on time you were late. When he said ten what he meant was at least 9:45 or earlier. He would still make me wait till ten or later, but I would be there. That was all he cared about.

I've only been on the job for a few months and even though I've been assigned numerous bands I was only down to one. My anxiety was causing me issues. In this line of work there is no room for anxiety so I created a personality so opposite of who I actually am. And that was the person I interviewed as, but now my fake personality was biting me in the ass.

I was pretending to be a no bull shitter kind of person. Telling other exactly what I thought even if it got me in trouble, which it always did. Not allowing anyone to push me around. Especially the rockers I've had to work with. If you give them an inch they would take a mile. I need to be respected professionally. I have a job to do.

They also kept complaining about my inexperience and comparing me to their old managers. This was not entirely my fault I kept getting assigned to bands that have been around for awhile and they kept expecting outcomes to be what they have come to expect. But due to my lack of experience and people not taking me seriously I was struggling. I never understood this how can one gain experience of others won't give them a chance. If the other bands only shared with me what they wanted I would have made it happen instead of me just expecting me to know.