Chapter 63

As predicted Skylar and Dimitri are still awake waiting on us making me feel like a teenager coming home late and mom and dad are waiting up to ground me. They both eye us suspiciously from the couch when we enter. I set my bags down and take in the suite. 

There is a mini kitchen off to the side along with a sitting area, which we were currently standing in. Towards the back in front of the windows is a hot tub to which I plan on making use of tonight. There is also a gas fireplace off the the left of the hot tub. This would be an amazing romantic setting. I really hope they other suites don't have a hot tub or my pocket book is really about to lose some money.  

Further glance I notice one door is on the left and the other on the right of the open space and I'm guessing they each lead to a bedroom. Since there are no other doors I'm guessing each room has their own personal bathroom. So not only are Ryder and I sharing a room we also will be sharing a bathroom. Grand. 

Ryder comes up behind me and remains hovering at my back causing all the hair on my body to stand at attention. Been so long since we've been in the same room together let alone this close. I've missed him, but I didn't realize how much till this moment.

Dimitri raises a brow and is the first to break the silence. He drapes an arm behind Skylar, who snuggles against him. "One of two things is happening right now. Either you two have somehow managed to work out your differences in the last half hour. Or someone forgot to add an extra room and now the hotel is fully booked." He taps his chin for a moment pondering his options. I keep my face carefully blank to not give anything away. Dimitri lowers his hand. "And by the way you two are stiffly standing next to each other I'm going to say the hotel was out of rooms."

Ryder pushes past me and sprawls out on the couch. "Way to go Sherlock. But don't quit your day job no way in hell would you able to pull off the hat and coat. Skylar might rethink the whole marrying you thing if you tried." He doesn't notice the way Skylar and Dimitri sit stiffly next to each other. Has he been so lost in his own world to not notice the problems Skylar and Dimitri have been having? "Can we please order some food or something? I'm starving," he says. Guess he has.

Rolling my eyes I pick up the room phone and place an order for some food and snacks to be delivered. "They should be here in about an hour," I tell the group grabbing my bags. "Which room did you two already claim," I ask.

"The one on the left," Skylar tells me. 

"To the right than." I head in the direction of the door, but stop in the doorway. "Not sure what you two have planned," I say placing my attention on Skylar and Dimitri, "but I'm making use of the hot tub if you would like to join." Intentionally I don't include Ryder. Not sure if I would be able to keep my hands to myself. 

Skylar stands from the couch dragging Dimitri with her. "Sounds like a great idea to me. A nice relaxing way to end the night. Especially since the next two night will be anything, but relaxing." 

Dimitri and Skylar disappear behind their door leaving Ryder on the couch and me in the door frame. Awkwardly we stare at each other, but no longer able to stand there like a statue I slip inside. The hot tub calling my name or maybe it was the bottles of whine I noticed in the small kitchen. Whichever it may by I was more than ready.

I claim a corner of the room and set my suitcases out. No reason to fully unpack since we were only going to be here a few nights, but I did pull out some clothes to hang to help prevent wrinkles. Once I was satisfied with my set up I go into the bathroom to change into my bikini.

Not long after I enter I hear the door open and Ryder shuffling around the room. Quickly I finish getting changed and slip on a bathing suite cover. My heart races with each noise I hear. How am I going to get any sleep with sharing a room with him?