Chapter 9

During the entire stroll to his car he leaves one hand on the base of my back as though he is afraid I will take off running at any moment. Jokes on him I was getting tired of running. A girl can only run for so long when a persistent male is chasing her. Especially when that persistent male makes her heart race every time she catches him looking at her and not to mention the way he makes her come alive in the bedroom. 

When we reach the car he opens the door for me and ushers me inside leaving me no option, but to take a seat. Only when I'm settled seat belt and all does he close my door and head to the driver's side of the car. He slides in and starts to back out of the parking spot before he even finishes buckling his seat belt.

Neither one of us says anything both lost in our own thoughts. My heart rate increase due to anxiety over sharing with him my past. And Adam. Maybe I can leave Adam's name out of it and save that disclosure for a different day. I'm not trying to purposely hide that tad bit of information from him I just don't want Ryder to do something stupid. 

I know him well enough to recognize the protective streak he has and if he had the knowledge of Adam's name more then likely I would be using our legal team to bail him out of jail. Steel Wolf does not need that kind of publicity. Especially with Wicked Minions joining the tour. I have a feeling they are going to bring enough problems down upon our heads. Barely out of their teens those guys were more worried about finding trouble then staying out of it. 

If they don't get their act together I have a feeling their band will not be long for this world. Sure they had a strong following, but weren't gaining much of a new fan base. That was largely due to the fact I was struggling with finding places that would allow them to play there because of the reputation they were creating for themselves. The label was hoping with Steel Wolf playing the front runner Wicked Minion wouldn't cause to many problems. Also since places wanted Steel Wolf to play at their location they were slightly more willing to allow Wicked Minion to play there as well. Not that they had a choice. I would have had to cancel any venue that didn't want the other band. 

For the life of me I couldn't figure out why Mr. Gear was even putting up with their shenanigans. That band has been on the scene for about six months and has cost them more in legal fees and property damage then Steel Wolf did in their first three years of touring. Yet Mr. Gear was jumping down my throat to get Steel Wolf in line or he was going to cut them when they entered their forth year. To this day the guys don't know how close they came to losing their contract or all the extra hours I put in to make sure it didn't happen. Then again I'm pretty sure they would have had no problem being picked up by a different label company. 

I had suspicions there was more happening behind the scenes about wanting to cut Steel Wolf than Mr. Gear was letting on. I was doing the math and two plus two was not equaling four. More then once I had this inkling someone was whispering in Ms. Gear's ear about cutting the band, but I could never prove my theory.

At one point I had overheard a conversation I'm sure I wasn't suppose to between Mr. Gear and the owners of the label company. Unbeknownst to the public the label was actually owned by another famous band, True Calling, but Mr. Gear was the face and made it seem like he was the owner. The reason for that was because not a soul knows the true identity of the members. The girls had formed the band in high school and created disguises to hide who they were. They had wanted to be able to live their lives and only deal with the fame when they wanted to.

Anyways they had been discussing Steel Wolf so of course I listened in. At this point Steel Wolf was more than just a band to me they were family and I wasn't going to let anyone destroy my family. I was all ready to jump in and defend them if need be with the thoughts that I could lose my job if I did just that no where in my head. Thankfully it name came to that.