Chapter 3

Quickly I wrap up my impromptu meeting with Steel Wolf and was dismissing them when Ryder lingered in the room. Lucan shoots him a raised brow questioning his actions and Ryder waves his hand indicating he will only be a few minutes. By Lucan's reaction he must be as shocked by Ryder's actions as I am. Granted I don't know him very well to make any kind of judgement.

The only judgements I have so far are Mason and Tray are going to give me the most trouble. They both think they are God's gift to women. Dimitri seemed to be the most level headed in the group and was very distracted by his phone. I'm going to have to have a conversation with him about not letting a girl distract him from his responsibilities. Lucan will more than likely be my main go to. Every group should have one person who takes charge. It helps to keep the peace. In the bands I worked with the only other time I saw this was with Adam, he was the one in charge and had no problem abusing that power. Lucan doesn't not give off that vibe. I feel as though this is just his personality and the guys are so use to it they just fall into line.

Ryder is a hard read. Maybe that is why I'm so drawn to him. Don't most women tend to chase after the mysterious guy? But I don't want to chase after anyone. I have a job on the line. Steel Wolf is my last chance to make a name for myself. If I can make them big then my career will be set. As long as Adam stays out of my way and out of Steel Wolf's ear. Maybe I should have a conversation with them about Adam, but then again I want to get my personal life separate and that is getting elbows deep in my personal life. 

Ryder places his hands in his pocket and glances out the window to the city below. His words shock me. "My brothers have a tendency to speak more than listen. But I like to sit back and listen. Read between the line." I learned more about Ryder in those few sentences then I have the entire time we sat in this room.

Not wanting to come across weak to him even though on the inside my knees were wobbling I prop my hands on my hips and take a strong stance.. "Not sure what you're getting at."

He sighs and turns to face me piercing me with his brown eyes. "Since you are trying so hard to come across as this tough as nails manger I can only guess you are anything but. Mr. Gear also stated numerous times how you are the best. Not sure who he was trying to convince more himself or us. You also tend to fidget in your seat when you would get nervous over something Mr. Gear said so once again I'm guessing he was telling half truths during those occurrences."

I narrow my eyes at him and clench my teeth. "So you think after a few hours you have me all figured out?" Who the hell does he think he is?

He rolls his gorgeous brown eyes at me. Did I really just admit his eyes are gorgeous even after her insulted me? Aubree get a grip of yourself. I visualize myself banging my head off the wall reminding myself not to travel this path again.

"Like I said keeping silent allows you more ability to read the other person," he says in a tone as though he was talking to an idiot. All he was doing was making me see red. 

My inner thoughts fly out of my mouth before I can bite them back. "Who the hell do you think you are? Questing my capabilities."

Ryder takes a step toward me and instinctively I take a step backwards. The second he registers my action he halts and I could tell the wheels were spinning in his head. I keep my face carefully blank not wanting to give him any more information about myself.

He holds his hands out to the side as though he was trying to come across as non threating. "Look we may just be another band to you, but this is our dream. We have fought tooth and nail to get to where we are at and I won't let you do anything to prevent us from continuing down this path." I open my mouth to defend myself and he cuts me off. "I'm not trying to be an asshole here."