Chapter 52

A loud knock echo's through the hotel room. Ryder must be more tired then I thought because he doesn't even wake. Groaning I roll out of bed and slip on his t-shirt. Whoever is at the door better have a good reason for being there. Peeking through the peek whole I discover Dimitri is standing outside the door.

I open the door rubbing my eyes. "Dimitri what are you doing here?"

His eyes rest on me, but once he takes in my appearance he stares at a spot above my head with flushed cheeks. "Skylar sent me to get you since you weren't already knocking on the door." At my confused expression he continues. "Remember I got kicked to your room so you and Skylar could get ready for this evening."

A light bulb goes off over my head and checking the clock I discover I'm about thirty minutes later then I originally wanted to be. Shit. "Sorry I over slept."

Still not looking at me Dimitri scratches the back of his neck. "No worries. Obviously your body needed the rest." I step back to let him in, but instead he says, "I'm going to wait out here while you get dressed and grab your things."

I glance down at what I was wearing completely forgetting I was only in Ryder's shirt. Now I turn bright red. "I'll just be one second," I tell him shutting the door with a click.

Quickly I throw on a pair of shorts and tie his shirt to the side, so I don't look like I'm not wearing anything underneath. Not wanting Dimitri to be the one who wakes Ryder because I'm scared of how he would wake him, I gently shake him awake. Ryder wraps his arms around me and pulls me to his chest muttering words of displeasure.

"Ryder I have to go. Skylar is waiting for me." I try to reason with him.

"No," he says firmly tightening his hold.

Shoving desperately at his chest, but getting no where and noticing a sly smile on his lips. "Dimitri is waiting in the hall," I grumble.

He nuzzles his nose in to my neck. "Don't fucking care," he gripes. "I have my girl in my arms with no plans of letting go."

As much as I want to remain in his arms the thought of making Skylar wait longer bothers me. "Please," I beg. "We can cuddle all you want when we get back from the bar."

"Promise," he mutters into my neck placing a kiss.

"I promise," I tell him. Ryder loosens his hold allowing me to slip from his hold and once I'm free he sit up in bed still not appearing pleased with the turn in events.

He sits on the edge of the bed holding his head in his hands and groans, "why does my head hurt so much?"

I smirk at his comment remembering what happened at the bar. "Probably due to the amount of alcohol you consumed earlier."

He glances up at me with red rimmed eyes and reaches for me. Against my better judgement I step into his embrace. "Didn't think I drank that much."

Running my hands through his hair I say, "Ryder you passed out on the bar and missed all the excitement. Safe to say you drank more then you think."

A loud banging on the door sounded and Dimitri's voice comes through, "Aubree if your dressed please let me in before I end up a single man." His tones implies he is not pleased.

What has me moving quickly from Ryder is when I hear a female voice adding to Dimitri's and the voice doesn't belong to Skylar. "Dimitri why choose her when you can have me?"

I fly open the door and glare at the women plastering herself to his side. The harder Dimitri pushes her away the more the women seems to cling to him. "The her you are talking about happens to be my best friend," I say defending Skylar. "and if you know what is best for your wellbeing you would let her fiancé go."