Chapter 67

The next morning has me waking more groggy than I have ever felt before. My mouth was full of cotton and my eyes were a struggle to open. I can sense a person next to me. Guess Ryder came back to our bed after all. I'm laying on my side with my back to him and his back to me. Seems even in our sleep we keep our distance

On closer inspection I notice I'm only wearing my bra and underwear. When did I get undress? More importantly I only remember the car ride back to the hotel and then after that everything is blank. What the fuck happened after I got in the car? I didn't think I had that much to drink. Maybe the wine was stronger than I thought. But at least I made it home safe and sound. Not to mention Ryder made it back safely. 

Wanting to snuggle against him and start to mend the distance between us I turn over and spoon him from the back, but everything felt wrong. Quickly I sit up and stare down at the person in bed with me. Sure as fuck Ryder isn't next to me Adam is. 

I spring so fast from the bed taking the sheet with me I fall to the floor with a loud thud. Suddenly I feel dirty and desperately trying to remember anything from last night to explain why Adam of all people were sleeping next to me. Did I fucking sleep with him? No I would never do something like that to Ryder no matter how mad we were at each other.

"Aubree come back to bed," Adam mumbles in his half awake state.

"No," I say softly and when I get no response louder I say, "no."

Adam sits up on his elbow on the side to stare down at me while I sit on the floor. "Aubree stop being so stubborn."

I clutch the blanket to my near naked body. "I'm not being stubborn. I don't want to lay in bed with you."

He rolls his eyes. "Not at all what you were saying last night," he informs me messing with his hair.

"I don't understand," I tell him shaking my head confused over what he is implying. 

He raises his brow. "Don't you remember last night?" There is a touch of hurt to his tone.

All I remember of last night is having a great time till Ryder and I fought. Then Adam came sniffing around and brought me a drink. Wait a second. He wouldn't. No. He couldn't. Could he? He could. I bet Adam fucking drugged me.

"You fucking drugged me," I yell standing from the floor.

Adam stares at me like a grew three head. "Just because you regret fucking me the morning after don't make false allegations. Last night you were throwing yourself at me. At first I tried to be a gentleman and tell you no, but you wouldn't stop. So I gave in." He says this as though all of this is no big deal, but this is a huge deal.

I stare him down not moving a muscle and he meets my gaze head on. "You lie," I tell him holding onto the fact no matter how drunk I may get I would never sleep with him. 

"Believe what you want, but we slept together. More than once last night might I add." He rolls over and sits on the other edge of the bed and proceeds to get dress. I do a quick check of my body and discover no sore muscles anywhere. If what he is implying was true wouldn't I feel something. "By the way," he calls out standing and pulling his pants on with his back to me. "You may want to stop and get the morning after pill since we didn't use any protection."

Now I know he is lying Ryder is the only one I've ever not used a condom with. Plus when Adam and I were dating he would always make sure he slipped one on even if he was shit faced. Nothing about what he's claiming make sense. The only uncertainty is the fact I can't remember. 

Adam walks to the side I'm on and I slink away from him not wanting him anywhere near me. "Sweetheart don't be like this. I wish you could remember so you could remember how good I made you feel last night." He moves close enough to me to run his hand down the side of my face a shrink away from him.