Chapter 54

As promised and it's a long one. Enjoy!

Oblivious to what at transpired only moments before Ryder hands me my drink as though all was right with the world. Maybe I should take a page out of his book and relax. Enjoy the night as Lucan had instructed me to do so. Before I could over think my actions I down my glass in one swig. The alcohol already making me feel a bit lighter and less stress. I hand my empty glass to Ryder and smile sheepishly at him. 

He raises his brow and takes the empty glass from me. "I'm guessing you want another." He says more like a statement then a question.

"Yes please." I spot the others, minus Dimitri and Hayes, laughing and attempting to dance to the music. Let's just say they are lucky no one has every asked them to dance on stage. I can't help, but laugh at their efforts.

Ryder goes to hand me my new drink, but when I go to take the glass from him he holds on. "I'm all for you having fun and letting off a little steam, but this isn't you. Not while we are on tour. When we are home sure, but not on the road."

I'm taken back by Ryder's words. More than once I've had to drag his drunk ass out of a situation he's put himself into. They are all allowed to get drunk while we are on the road and escape from the pressure. But I can't. Lucan told me to go off duty and have fun to which I plan on doing so. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities we stop in, but I've always had to be the adult. The one keeping everyone in line. Not tonight. Tonight they are going to have to keep my in line. 

Not wanting to let Ryder on to my plan I take my drink from him. "Ryder I know how to control myself. If I can control a bunch of rowdy rockstars I should have no problem handling my liquor." I say with more bite to my voice then intended. 

He throws his hands up in the air shaking his head. "Easy there tiger I was only trying to look out for you." He brushes his fingers down the side of my face and stares deeply in my eyes. "I love you and want to make sure you are safe."

Guys really have a knack for getting us to be pissed at them, but then they go and say something to melt our hearts. Come on. I just want to be mad for a little bit. My tense stance softens. "I love you to. Ryder of course I'm safe we are surrounded by only the crew. Who we have been with for years." An image of the women from earlier pops into my head. "Except for the extras we have positive relationships with the people here. No one would try to hurt me. Especially me because everyone knows mess with me and I'll have you removed from the tour."

Even months later the crew still whispers about the show down with Madison and how I punched her in the face. Not only was I able to get out some aggression I reminded the crew just how much of a spit fire I can me. No one fucks with me or those I deem important.

Ryders's eyes harden at something over my shoulder. "The crew isn't who I'm worried about hurting you." I spin putting my back against his front wanting to see why his demeanor has suddenly changed. Adam is sitting at one of the tables with a women in his lap trying to give off the impression he wasn't watching us, but the tick in his eyes gives him away. 

I turn to face Ryder and place my hand on his chest. "You have nothing to worry about. Adam isn't going to try anything with all these people here. So relax and have some fun. For a night let's just be Aubree and Ryder." I feel like such a hypocrite telling him not to worry about Adam when I'm over her worrying about the women who seems to have her unwavering sights set on Ryder.

He kisses me nose. "Okay."

"Okay," I question shocked he gave into my demands so easily. Why can't he ever give into manager Aubree's demands so easily?

He laughs at me and takes a sip from his drink. Before he can answer me Skylar bounces over to us and latches onto my arm. "We ordered shots. Come on." She exclaims with flushes cheeks. If I was a betting women I would put my money on the face this would not by Skylar's fist shot. She stumbles slightly and falls into Dimitri who easily steadies her. Nor with this be her second shot.