Chapter 62

The bus stops in front of the hotel and I dash towards the front desk with my bags in hand. Our bus was running about fifteen minutes ahead of the others. I wanted to have everyone checked in so when they got here we could all head directly to our rooms. We had tonight and tomorrow morning to relax. The show here was scheduled for later in the evening then what we were used to, but that's Vegas for you. 

We were going to take a much needed break here before hitting the road. The tour would be pulling out of Las Vegas three night from now. The concert would be tomorrow night and then a night of fun, but sadly after we would be hitting the road with no more breaks. Luckily the tour was almost over. 

On our day off Skylar and I were going to do some shopping in the morning while the guys had some bonding time which did not involve working on their new album. All they've been doing lately is concerts and working on the album. They were going to burn themselves out if they were not careful.

I reach the front desk and strongly encourage the male behind the desk to hurry the processes along. He was too busy checking out my chest and making eyes at me. Not going to happen is what I wanted to tell him, but I also didn't want to piss him off. He could do a lot of damage with the guys staying here. One phone call and the place would be flooded with people. 

I wasn't able to block out space for the crew here due to the fact the ball got dropped when booking hotel rooms. So there were more other people here than normal and we were already going to have to deal with them let alone anyone else who may come along. I was lucky to get the rooms I was able to since the hotel was almost fully booked.

"Aubree Parker," he sings while typing away on his computer. "Here you are," he tells me sending a wink my way. "I have you down for three suites, which hold four people each, and one single room." I quickly do the math in my head and realize I never changed the reservation after Ryder and I split. Shit. Him and I were still sharing a room.

"Is there any more single rooms available," I ask crossing my fingers behind my back.

He shakes his head no. "I'm sorry we are all booked. Between Steel Wolf's concert tomorrow, the conferences and the other concerts happening this weekend we are completely booked."

Fuck. A conversation from the past surfaces reminding me of why I only booked the three suits, those were the last rooms, and how the guys complained about how they would have to double bunk. Not being able to bring a girl back to the hotel was my loudest complaint. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. And I can't stick Adam with someone else since his contract states he gets his own hotel room when we stay somewhere. 

I need to talk to Ryder and see how he feels about this. If need be I can always sleep on my bus, but the thought of another night on the bus had be muscles already aching. Plus I don't like not being in the same location as the bands in case the need something. 

He continues to stare at me while I sort though this new problem. The only conclusion I can come up with is to speak to Ryder and see how he feels about sharing a space. "Are you okay," the guy asks me. 

"Yeah I'm fine. Only trying to figure out a slight hiccup I wasn't counting on." Time to put my big girl pants on.

"So are you here for work or pleasure," he presses running my card and preparing the keys.

"A little of both, but mostly work." I tell him tapping my foot and glancing at my watch. The other busses will be arriving soon and I'm still at the front desk.  

He slides the keys into their envelopes and to my direction. I grip onto the cards, but he doesn't release them. Instead he stands there studying me. My phone buzzes alerting me the busses are here. I've run out of time for this foolery. "Can I help you with something," I ask him tugging on the keys till he releases his hold.