Chapter 45

The blaring sound of my alarm wakes me and I quickly shut the sound off not wanting to wake Ryder, but when I turn over to make sure he was still sleeping the memories flood. He isn't here because he spent the night on Dimitri's bus. The tears I thought I had no more off flow from my eyes once more. I allow myself a few minutes to cry and wallow in my self-pity because once I exit my bed I have a job to do. Just because my love life is currently in the pits doesn't mean I get to lounge around in my pajamas all day. As they say in show business the show must go on.

Taking a deep breath I wipe my eyes and plaster a fake smile on my face. Maybe if I fake being happy I will some how convince myself I am. With me new found strength I slide off the bed and stumble into my bathroom. This was not how I planned on starting the first concert of the tour, but sadly I don't have much of a choice. 

When I reach the bathroom I stare at myself in the mirror and discover I'm a utter mess. My hair is all over the place and my eyes are red and puffy from all the crying I've been doing. Thankfully makeup will be able to cover how tired and depressed I am. Once again I force a smile, but even I can see the smile doesn't reach my eyes and looks fake as fuck. The spark in my eyes is gone and all I can see is bleakness.

The thought of facing him has my stomach rolling in protest. This is one of the reason I didn't want to get into a relationship with him because our fights not only will cause strain on our romantic relationship, but also our working on. Steel Wolf has to come first, but now I have no clue how to act around him. I fear if I slip completely into my manager hat he will think me cold and unemotional, but I don't feel as though I have much of a choice. I can't slip on the girlfriend hat because not only does Steel Wolf need me to make sure this first show runs smoothly so does Wicked Minion and the rest of the crew.

This is Wicked Minion's first tour. Sure they have done shows here and there especially when they were first trying to get noticed, but a tour is a completely different animal. Much like how a kindergarten teacher is the first teacher kids base on whether or not they will like school I'm Wicked Minions kindergarten teacher. I'm the one who is going to help them either love touring I despise going on tour. Granted there are other factors, but I'm the biggest.

Wicked Minion needs to be on my a-game and not distracted by my personal life. Once the concert is over and we are back on the road I can fall apart and work on figuring out my next step in fixing this divided between Ryder and myself. 

Realizing time continues to tick away while I stand here I turn the shower on and before the water has time to warm I'm under the spray. The cold water running over my body motivates me to shower quickly. Once I'm done I quickly dry myself and when I catch my reflection my eyes aren't as red and puffy though the bags are still noticeable.

Checking my watch I have about twenty minutes before I'm suppose to meet with Skylar for a quick meeting before we due on set for the crew meeting. This will be Skylar's first official meeting with the crew. When she helped me out on the last tour I didn't expect her to completely act as my assistant, but now the gloves are off. She's going to do great. The regular crew members already love her and have no problem putting the others in place for being disrespectful towards her.

I'll never forgot how excited my main guys were when I told them Skylar was going to be a regular fixture at the end of the last tour. They too were never a fan of the other assistants I was forced into hiring. The instant they learned the entire moral of the team lifted. This tour was suppose to be one of our best yet, but that was before Adam joined the tour.

Just thinking of his name has my heart sliding up my throat. Having him here is the worse timing possible. Between Adam's unexpectedly joining the tour and Ryder's letter from her father I fear this may all be too much for Ryder. He might even come to the conclusion I'm not worth all the extra drama since he has enough in his plate with his dad trying to get out of prison earlier. Ryder has yet to come to terms with the letter and now he has to deal with Adam.