Chapter 23

I return to the room only to find Lucan and Ryder dying of laughter because Tray and Mason are both under the blankets staring at their dicks. 

Mason is the first to pop out from under the blankets. "Aubree do you think you can keep our problem between us. Don't need my reputation taking a hit for this with the ladies."

"Of course Mason. Whatever you want," I tell him poking him in the nose. Tray is still lost under the covers and I don't want to know what he is up to.

In a few seconds Tray joins us in a huff. "What's wrong," Ryder asks as though he is talking to a baby.

Tray slams his arms on top of the blankets. "I can't get him up."

"Gross," I gag. One thing assuming what he was doing under the blanket completely different having your assumption confirmed. "Why would you even try with all of us in the room," I hesitantly ask.

"Needed to know and I didn't want to wait," Tray says as though his actions were no big deal.

This was the exact moment the nurse walks into the rooms with the discharge papers. She go overs the paperwork with them and has them sign their names.

Before she leaves she asks the dreaded question, "do either one of you have any questions?"

The two of them enter into a staring contest not wanting to be the one to ask the question that is nagging them both. The nurse stares at them waiting for someone to say something and the rest of us wait to see how all of this is going to play out. Makes me wonder if this was how the cowboys felt right before a shoot out. The nurse taps impatiently on her stack of papers. She is probably running though  her head everything else she needs to do and standing in our room is not one of them.

Tray blinks first and Mason throws his hands up in the air in glee. Seems Tray has the pleasure of asking the nurse about their dicks. 

He clears his throat a few times before he is finally able to croak some words out. "Nurse do you have any idea how long till our male parts will be in working order."

She stares at then for a moment unsure on how to respond. Unlike the doctor Ryder wasn't able to explain our joke to her. She glances between the two of them on the bed who are sitting there on pins and needles awaiting her response.

"Is this some kind of joke," she ask not at all seeming pleased. "I get that you all are some hot shot rock band, but that dose not give you the right to mess with me."

I grip onto Ryder's arm debating if I should jump in and put and end to this joke before the entire thing blows up in out faces. Ryder shakes his head no and so I wait to see what happens.

"Not at all. The doctor told us that one of the side effects would be our inability to hold an erection," Tray explains to the flabbergasted nurse.

She glances at me and directs her question to me, "is he for real right now?"

"The doctor did say that," I tell her not wanting to lie, but also not wanting to be the one to put an end to the joke. 

She drops her clipboard to her side and continues to glance around the room waiting for someone to crack and tell her we were only pulling her leg. "I'm not sure what else the two of you may or may not be have going on, but if you are having erectile dysfunction you may want to make an appointment with your primary doctor. I can put a note about it into the computer."

"No," both Mason and Tray scream at the same time causing the nurse to take a step back.

The nurse studies us all for a moment probably still waiting for us to tell her all of this was a joke. When no one responds she says, "since I have your signatures and you have no real questions you are free to go." She walks out the door shaking her head.