Chapter 44

Adam leans in close to me and I can feel his hot breath against my cheek. Trying to get away from him I turn my head to the side, but he continues moving closer to me till his nose is pressing into my hair. He takes a deep breath and I close my eyes wanting to disappear from what is happening around me. My legs develop a slight tremor. 

"Oh how I've missed your scent," Adam mutters into my ear. Then he brushes kisses along the side of my neck. Not wanting his lips on my body I tilt my shoulder up blocking my neck from him. He shifts away from me with a smug smile. "Beautiful Aubree there was a time you welcomed my kiss," he runs his finger down the side of my cheek and I flinch from the contact, "my touch."

I give him the side eye not changing my position with the side of my face pressing against the wall in fear my lips would be to close to his. "The time you are remembering was before you forced me to sleep with you."

He shakes his head loosening his hold on my wrists and continuously mutters the word no under his breath. "Not how I recall our past," he states more firmly. Of course he wouldn't remember events accurately. He tightens his hold on me and I lose the opportunity to escape.

"Please let me go you are hurting me," I beg him. 

"Only if you promise not to run," he bargains with me. 

Sadly I don't have much of a choice. "I won't run," I assure him softly even though I all I want to do is run straight into Ryder's arms.

"Good girl," he says tweaking my nose and stepping back from me slightly. I turn my head to face him. "I only want to talk," he says throwing his hands up in the air.

"Cornering someone in a bathroom hallway is not the right way of going about getting them to talk to you Adam," I seethe, but second guess my words not wanting to anger him. I would not be surprised if pushed to far he gets physical. At one point I would never dream Adam would act the way he has, but now the rose color glasses are off.

"I love hearing my name on your lips," he says running a finger over my mouth. I fight the urge to bite him figuring he would turn the tables claiming I was trying to turn him on. Adam steps closer to me once again and presses his bulging dick against me. Vomit rises in my throat. 

Using all my strength I shove him away from me causing him to stumble backwards and his laughter fills the hallway reminding me of nails on a chalkboard. "Stay the fuck away from me." A new found strength and courage fills me. "Just because we are on this tour together and I'm the acting manger does not mean for one second we have to act as friends. You have been on enough tours to know what to do and what not to do."

Adam tilts his head to the side and studies me as though my words confuse him. "When did the kitten become the tiger?" Leaving me no time he continues, "the Aubree I remember would never speak to me in such a way."

"We all have to grow up at some point. And you're right I'm not the Aubree you remember," I tell him not concealing the venom in my voice. Maybe once he figures out I can no longer be pushed around like he use to he will finally leave me alone. 

He runs his eyes over me making my skin crawl. "No you are not the same Aubree." He leans in closer to me, but we aren't touching. "This new Aubree is intriguing and hot." His words pause for a moment and he paces the hallways. 

While he is distracted I go to take a step to head back to the table, but he notices and cuts off my escape. Adam still has me trapped in the hallways, but at least now I'm not pressed up against the wall. How has no one noticed we have been missing for awhile? Thought for sure Ryder would have been more conscious of my disappearing act. If only I could get him to switch places with me I'm sure I would be able to position myself in away someone would be able to see me from the dinning room.