Chapter 29

The limo ride was full of laugher and everyone sharing embarrassing stories of Skylar. I found myself relaxing in their company and letting my guard down. Skylar and I were close and seems I was about to become close to Harper and Vanessa after today. 

Even though Vanessa was joining in with our laughter there was a sadness lurking behind her eyes. Sadly I didn't know the women well enough to question her on what might be bothering her. Maybe as the day progresses she will be more willing to express whatever is bothering her. 

The limo stops in front of the location I had booked. The reviews had raved this was the best place in the area for a day of pampering and only the best for us. Especially since Dimitri was footing the bill for todays activity. He had asked me not to tell the ladies in fear they wouldn't accept. 

Our driver opens the door for us and we head into the building. The lady at the front desks greets us with a smile. "Hello welcome to Pure Bliss Massage and Spa. Did you have an appointment with us?"

"Hello! Yes we do. Under the name Parker." I tell her.

She clicks away on her computer and her eyes light up when she reads through my request. She then glances at me then back to her screen. "You ladies have booked the elite package along with a few notes on someone stopping by with some clothing choices. There's also a note here about.." she trails off as she reads. "Oops never mind my mistake," she says nervously. I raise my eyebrow wondering what that was all about. 

"I've never checked in someone who's booked the elite package let alone four of them." She says the last part in awe changing the topic. She shakes her hand and slips back into being a professional. "Sorry about that." I offer her a smile. "Also says the entire day is paid in full along with a credit card on file for you ladies to charge anything extra."

"Sounds about right," I tell her.

"You are all checked in and Lily will be with you shortly to start your day. Have a wonderful time and if there is anything else I can do for you please let me know or let Lily know. We want you to enjoy yourselves and above all relax!"

We stand there waiting for Lily to join us and we don't have to wait long. The perks of money. She approaches us with an iPad in hand. Lily first runs through what the elite package contains making my head spill. Pretty sure I tuned her out about the sixth thing she mentioned. I'm big in making sure I'm well put together, but an all out spa day is out of my realm of expertise. Skylar and Vanessa seemed to feel the same way I did if their blank stares were any indication. Harper was the only one who understood this new language the lady was speaking.

Then Lily started asking questions and I realized I would need to pay attention so I didn't end up with something disturbing. She rambled off some words and stared at me waiting for a response. Which I had no clue to. Making me wish I spent the day driving go carts with the guys instead. Harper rolls her eyes at the three of us and steps up to the plate. She pulls Lily to the side and answers all of her questions for us. 

"And that is another reason why I love Harper," Skylar discloses laughing. "I teach her about horses and she takes care of all the girly crap."

"I heard that," Harper shouts. Skylar sticks out her tongue at her which Harper does the same. "Be nice or I'll sign you up for something with poop in the name." Was that even a thing? By Skylar's face she didn't know either.

Watching the two of them interact makes me wish I had a best girl friend growing up. The closest I had was my cousin. Skylar had shared with me they had been best friends since sixth grade. Even though they tend to be the opposite of one another their friendship was strong for it.