Chapter 39

We arrive at my place at the same time. Traffic was practically nonexistent with the later hour, which I was more than happy about. One of the down sides of living in a city is the traffic. I love the hustle a bustle of city life, but I also enjoy the peace and calm.

I exit my car and head over to Ryder's. He was just getting out when I reach his driver side door. "Bringing your bags in or going to leave them in the car," I ask him.

He pops the trunk. "I was going to grab a few bags, but leave most of them in the car. No point in moving them twice," he explains. Can't argue with his logic.

I was going to try and convince him to leave some of his things on my bus. The guys were already leaving all the music writing gear on my bus because of the add addition to theirs. The alone time I thought Ryder and I would be able to have was dwindling. Better make the most of tonight.

Ryder grabs a few of his bags and I closes the trunk. He follows me up to my place and drops his bags next to mine. He eyes my pile and shakes his head. "I have never understood girl logic when it comes to packing. I have no where near the same amount of bags as you do yet we are going to be gone the same amount of time."

I shrug my shoulders and retort, "want to make sure I have everything I need."

"And you need thirty different pairs of shoes," he asks with a raised brow.

"Jokes on you buddy," I proclaim playfully punching his shoulder. "I only packed twenty nine different pairs of shoes." He shakes his head laughing. Joking with Ryder felt normal and I was enjoying every minute.

"So sorry. Twenty nine pairs of shoes." 

I glare up at him with my hands on my hips. "Keep picking fun at me and I will unpack all the lingerie I was bring with me." My words had him shutting his mouth with a quickness.

Instead he started poking my luggage. "Care to unpack some now and show me."

I drag him away from the door towards the family room. "Not tonight. Plus those surprises are for the tour." He mutters something under his breath I don't catch, but if I had my guess I'm sure he was complaining over having to wait. Baby I promise you the wait is more than worth it.

We sit down on the couch and I turn some music on. Dimitri's voice filters through my speakers. I had forgotten I had been listening to them while I packed. A cocky smile graces Ryder's lips. He's caught me red handed. Whenever the guys would ask if I ever listened to them outside of work I would always tell them no because their heads were already big enough. 

"Lier," he says kissing me. I shrug my shoulders because there was nothing I could say to get out of this one. He was listening to the evidence. I quickly switch my play list to a country one and turn the music down. 

"Ryder," I state while he kisses my neck and runs his fingers over my stomach. 

"Hm," he mumbles between kisses, but never stops. I try to pull him away from me, but he continues to fight me.

"Stop. We need to talk," I say trying to pull him away from his current task.

"About," he asks and continues kissing me, but now he always tugs at my shirt trying to pull the fabric from my body. 

"The last few days and you smoking again." He succeeds in removing my shirt and cups my breasts through the lace of my bra. 

"Later," he murmurs against my breast. When I make no move to cave to his onslaught he pulls away from me to stare into my eyes. "Sweetheart we will talk, but right now let's enjoy our last night before we hit the road."