Chapter 22

Ryder catches up to me and slips his hand in mine as we continue on our path. He earns some curious stares from the people around him forcing him to pull his hat down lower. Not that doing so will prevent his presences from being leaked. I was surprised the press hadn't caught wind of Tray and Mason presence at the emergency room. How could the two of them be so stupid to put not only themselves in this position, but also the band?

The door to the room was shut, but right when I was about to open the door Ryder request, "before you take your pound of flesh at least hear them out."

I roll my eyes at his demand and mutter, "fine." Then I open the door and brace myself for what I would find on the other side.

Tray and Mason were both propped up in bed with an IV attached to each of them. Lucan was sitting on a chair between the two of them giving them a lecture. I hesitate for a second wanting to hear what he was tell them. Ryder presses up against my back and I give him the gesture asking him to wait. He stops pressing on my back and listens in with me to the conversation.

"You two are in some serious trouble when Aubree catches wind of this," Lucan scolds.

Tray shrugs his shoulders. "That's only if she find out."

Mason readily agrees with Tray. "If none of us says anything about this evening then there is no way she could possibly find out."

Lucan crosses his arms and gawks. "Are you kidding me of course she is going to find out. Aubree discovers every stupid incident that involves us. Count yourselves lucky this hasn't hit the internet." He pauses for a moment as though he is rethinking his words. "Make that not yet because we all know this will end up somewhere."

"But Lucan," Tray whines, "if this never comes up in an article somewhere and we never say anything..."

"She will be none wiser," Mason finishes for him.

I take this moment to make my presence known. "Only one problem to your plan," I say in greeting from the doorway, "I'm listed as your emergency contact." I explain entering the room fully with Ryder behind me.

Six pairs of eyes shift to stare at me. One holds amusement and two hold worry. Boys you better be worried. I thought they were over all this stupid shit they used to do when they first became famous.

"Hi Aubree," Tray says faintly. "Aren't you striking this early morning." He eyes Ryder's hand in mine and turns his attention to Ryder. "You are one lucky man to have a women who wakes up appearing like a goddess."

I position myself directly in Tray's line of sight and glare down at him. "Flattery will get you nowhere Tray," I seethe.

"Can't fault a guy for trying," he remarks glumly glancing off to the side.

Ryder comes up besides me wrapping his arm around me. "You're not wrong in your observation Tray," Ryder gazes down at me with love shinning brightly in his eyes. "But you my friend.." he shakes his head not being able to continue his thought.

I study each of the boys before me and yes I call them boys due to their continuing childish behavior. I can not wait to hear what excuse the are going to bless me with this morning. "Someone better start talking."

"Aren't you even going to ask if we are okay," Tray grumbles looking at Mason for backup. At least Mason is smart enough to keep his trap shut.

I lower my tone wanting them to listen to every word I was about to say. "For starters since you are speaking to me I'm going to assume you are going to be fine. This is not the first time I've been in a hospital for alcohol poising due to a member of this band. In fact at one time or another all of you have trickled through." My voice rises with each word and the children in the beds sink further and further into the mattresses. "Now someone better start talking."