Chapter 27

My body starts to shake while my mind takes off running though all the possible scenarios of what could happen if I'm not with the guys. I understand they are grown adults, but I'm a control freak and I hate when they go out without me. The drive to have control in all situations involving the five of them is something that tends to keep me up at night. 

Too much can go wrong in a short amount of time. Granted they aren't as wild as they once were, but I still worry. What I don't understand is why I seem to be even more a mess then normal. They've gone out without be before and sure I was worried, but never like this. What's changed? Maybe because of the phone call I got earlier this morning from the hospital?

Not to mention how am I Aubree Parker going to make it through an entire girls day? Other than Skylar and my cousin my girl time is extremely limited. Sure Vanessa and Harper seem great, but I haven't spent any actual time with them. Whenever they've been around so have other people to act as buffer. What if they don't like me and the entire time I'm miserable? Skylar is so excited to be spending the day out I don't want to be the cause of it to be awful.  

 Ryder shifts in his sleep pulling me closer to his body as though he is able to sense my distress in his sleep. I soak in his warmth and strength attempting to calm my irregular breathing.

"What wrong," he mumbles in his sleep against my hair.

"Nothing," I stammer not wanting to wake him with my problems.

Ryder stretches his arms above his head and turns to lay on his back. He turns me so I'm resting my head on his chest and he is rubbing my back.

"Since you woke me up I'm going to ask this again, but this time I want the truth," he commands me in a sleep riddled voice.

I rest my arm over his chest and debate if I should tell him or not. One glace at his brooding expressions gives me the answers. "I'm worried about tomorrow," I confess. 

A yawn sneaks though him before he responds. "Sweetheart you know Skylar and you've been getting along great with Vanessa and Harper when they are around. Plus you planned the entire day so you know what's going to happen and when. There shouldn't be any surprises." I freeze over how well this amazing man understands me. Why did I put off being with him for so long?

Ryder continues his speech. "As for us going out tomorrow you planned that too." Still not liking them going without me. "How about this I'll text every couple of hours to let you know we are okay? And if anything major happens I promise to call you."

"Okay," I say softly hiding my face into his chest. He doesn't let me say hidden for long because soon I find myself having my head tilted so he could stare into my worry clouded eyes. 

He searches my face in the darkness. The only light we had was what was filtering in through the curtains. "Aubree you don't have to worry about me and another girl. My heart and body belong to you."

As soon as he says those words my heart rate increases in understanding. Sure I was worried about everything else he mentioned, but the underlining worry was about him and another girl. The fear that he would meet someone else and slip away with her was lurking deep in my mind. The fear has always been there, but now the worry was worse because of the change in out relationship status.

"Can you promise me you won't cheat on me," I ask him softly. The question coming directly from my heart.

He kisses the top of my head. "I can. And I do promise you I will never cheat on you. Hell I haven't been with anyone else, but you for a long time now. Why would I change my ways after you finally made our relationship official?"