Chapter 69

The minute hand on my clock continues to move around the numbers while I wait on Skylar and Lucan. The tour ended a few weeks ago, but this was the first night they had the availability to sneak way and were in Nashville. So much for worrying about running into Ryder while back home. Bradly has been keeping them busy with interviews and television appearances. Plus photo shoots and other odds and ends. All of the nitty gritty I kept to a minimum or only booked at the guys requested. Sure when Steel Wolf was trying to make a name for themselves we did the dog and pony show, but none was necessary after they made a name for themselves. 

The only time the interviews and television appearances would spike was when a new album was being released or if the band was up for some kind of reward and I wanted the publicity. Other than those events the guys kept mostly to themselves. Which was the way they liked it. When I was booking them left and right they would fight more and the music suffered. I can only imagine how messed up everything is now. I'm sure Lucan and Skylar will tell me all about that has been going on.

I'm divided though. Of course I want to know how they are doing, but at the same time I don't. Not sure how much more pain and suffering I can take. The first week and a half I was home I never left the house. That goodness for delivery for when I did eat. My clothes became slightly looser due to the skipped means. My entire life was flipped upside down. Not only did I lose Ryder, but I lost my dream job. If we can't fix this mess we are in than there is no hope.    

When Skylar called the other day she told me other than performances the guys haven't picked up their instruments and the album was starting to suffer. Not to mention the dynamics of the group was changing. She didn't want to go into much detail in fear of being over heard. Bradly not knowing Skylar was still talking to me was high on the priority list because we didn't want to play our hand to Mr. Gear just yet. Anything Bradly picks up on he will share with Mr. Gear. 

Skylar, Lucan and myself planned for the meeting at the first opportunity we had. Dimitri was going to join us, but due to Ryder spiraling out of control the guys were taking turns babysitting him. Sadly tonight was Dimitri's turn and not wanting to draw attention for getting either Mason or Tray to step in Dimitri is going. 

The four of us had agreed the less people who knew what we were up too would be for the best. I hated lying to Tray and Mason especially when they reached out to tell me how much I was missed. They also went as far to make me promises of changing the behavior if I came back. Which I will hold them too if I'm able to take back the reigns. It is so painful to watch something I built be destroyed slowing. If Bradly doesn't destroy the band than Ryder will with the choices he's been making.

I had to stop searching the web for any tiny bit of information about him I could find because every time I would find something my heart would break more. Sure not everything printed was true, but seeing the other women hanging on him killed me. Then the worry would set in if he was sleeping with them. He was also always smiling in the pictures. Granted his smile never exactly reached his eye. So in the end I stopped searching for information because my physical and mental health was suffering.

Lucan and Skylar would text me right before a story would hit the web or paper to prepare me for what was to come. And also to tell me what was fact and what as fiction. They were also extremely addiment Ryder hasn't slept with anyone since me. Their proof was someone was always with him and he was too fucked up to even get it up. I felt a little better he wasn't placing his dick in every available hole. Not sure how I would be able to deal if he was.

The clock chimes the hour and I nervously fidget at my place on the couch. I was nervous about seeing them. Sure we talked on the phone or texted, but there was something different about meeting in person. The last time I saw any of them was in Vegas.