Chapter 18

This chapter is dedicated to wiznerd13! Thank you for all the votes.

When I come back to the present Mason and Tray are still trying to convinces Ryder he should ditch me and come out with them. Their selling point is if he comes out they guarantee he will get lade. I bite back a laugh behind my hand at the irony. They are guarantee him a night of fun, but in actuality they are delaying him.

Ryder sends me a sidewise glare trying to tell me without words to do something. I respond my shrugging my shoulders. He is on his own with his bandmates. While a yawn slips past my lips as I hear Ryder try to make up the excuse he wanted to review the up coming tour with me. Smooth.

Tray glances at me and notices me finishing my yawn. "She isn't going over anything with you. All she is going to do is go to bed." Not so smooth. Though Tray is so far from the truth. If Ryder doesn't join me me I have a date with my vibrator. Then maybe bed. 

Ryder peers at me with pleading eyes, but I'm enjoying his suffering too much to jump into the rescue. Tray seems to be on fire tonight and not his unobservant self because he pick up on the looks Ryder and I have been exchanging since they ran into us. His eyes alight with understanding. 

He slaps Mason in the chest, who scowls at him for the unnecessary hit. "Never mind dude. Maybe some other time. We are going to be here for a few days. Go have fun going over the tour." He sends us a wink.

Mason goes to express his displeasure about Ryder not joining them, but before he can Tray snatches his arm and drags him to the elevator. Mason's unhappiness can be heard up until they are behind the elevator doors.

"Think they know what we are up to," Ryder asks like the innocent child he is not.

I roll my eyes. "Mason might not be putting two and two together, but Tray most assuredly did." I punch Ryder's shoulder playfully. "How did you miss the way he was dragging poor Mason along behind him."

Ryder releases a sigh. "I didn't, but I sure as hell hoped you did."

Curiosity over his words leaves me pondering. Why would he think that, but more importantly why am I not just asking him for answers?

"Why would you hope that?"

Ryder scratches the back of his neck and guides me away from the prying ears of the women at the desk, who seems to be immensely engrossed in our conversation. Once we are a safe distance he answers my question. "Because I know how important keeping our relationship discreet is to you. We are finally starting to move forward and I didn't want this to be a setback."

His words resonate in my head and I don't blame him for thinking the way he was. He's not wrong. Every time something happened that forces me to face the truth I end up taking a few steps back. I glance up at Ryder and see the anguish and fear in his eyes. I've done this too him. My not willing to embrace what he has to offer is slowly starting to eat away with him. I need to either let him go or give this a try. 

The tour that is starting in a couple of weeks filters through my brain. This might be a good opportunity to give this a real try. If we can survive the craziness of a tour then we really do have a chance at making this work. Just because we start a relationship together doesn't mean we need to make a big deal out of it with the press. Then again that could backfire in our faces. But at the same time we have been in this whatever it is for awhile and the press have yet to catch on. If they do I can always spin the story. 

I just don't want to enter into a relationship with him and make the announcement only to have it tumble down around us. He is not Adam Aubree. He has never shown the tendency that Adam did. They are two different people. Then why do I keep using what Adam did to me as an excuse? Why do I keep running?