Chapter 17.

Demi's POV

"Baby stop!" I laughed loudly as Odell wiggled his fingers against sides making me squirm beneath him.

"No, say I'm better at Call of Duty than you!"

"No never!"

With that he continues to tickle my sides going up to my where my weak spot is at the nape of my neck.

"Okay! Okay!" I say breathlessly.

"I want to hear you say."

"You are better at Call of Duty than me!" I say through my laughter. If he didn't stop I'm sure I would pee myself.

"See, that wasn't so hard." He smirks moving from on top of me.

The smirk on his face falters when get up quickly tackling him to the ground and I hover over him much like he did to me a moment ago, with both of my hands on either  sides of his head  I lean down to his ear. 

"Sike." I say barely above a whisper and his hands grip my waist pulling me against against his body.

I look into his deep brown eyes getting lost in them and I lean down again this time connecting our lips. Just as he's about to deepen the kiss my phone rings and I pull away from him.

"Just ignore it."

We go back to what we were doing the kiss getting passionate and his hands run from my waist to my ass gripping in firmly. I groan in frustration disconnecting our lips again as the shrill sound of my phone ringing once again breaks us apart.

"Answer the phone babygirl." He tells me.

I sit up still straddling his waist and I reach for my phone on the coffee table beside us.

Odell's POV

Demi picks up the phone accepting the call, her face drops worry written all over it and I get concerned.

"When did this happen?" She speaks into the phone getting up from her position and she begins to pace the room. "You should have called me sooner, I'm coming right now."

With that she ends the call and starts towards the stairs but I quickly catch up to her, pulling her gently by her wrist so she turns around to look at me. 

"What's wrong?"

"It's my dad, he's in the hospital." She says.

"What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know, they haven't heard from the doctors yet. He just passed out and he wasn't waking up so they brought him there." Her voice was a bit shaky but her face was now void of any emotion.

"I'll come with you."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to be there for you Demi, allow me to do that." I say and she nods.

We make our way up to her bedroom and we each pack a small suitcase of things we'd need. She called Max and told him to get her plane ready for our trip to Texas, after we were done packing and were ready he arrived and we made our way to the airport.

                                                                            ***

We're half way through our flight and Demi still hasn't said anything, she's been staring out the window for the longest time lost in her own world. I've been past the point of concern as she still hasn't shown any emotions and I couldn't exactly read how she was feeling. 

"Are you okay, sweetness?"

She nods but doesn't turn around, deciding not to let it go I try again.

"Talk to me Dems."

"I said I'm fine."

"Anyone with common sense would know that you aren't Demi. Talk to me please."

I take her small hands in mine and she turns to me with glossy eyes, my heart broke at the sight.

"I can't loose him too Odell," she lets out a broken sob at the end and I wrap my hands around her shoulders as she cries into my chest. "He's the only father figure I have left, he can't leave me too."

"Hey, stop thinking so negatively. We don't know what's wrong with him yet."

"But what if it's really bad? They said he wasn't waking up, that sounds bad Odell." She rushes out wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"I know it sounds bad babygirl, but we have to go into this hoping for the best." I say squeezing her shoulders lightly and I see a faint smile playing on her face.

The rest of the flight was spent with Demi zoning out once in a while or subconsciously bouncing her legs up and down anxiously and I try to keep her as calm as possible. I really hope everything will be fine.