Chapter 53.

Odell's POV

We arrived in Cleveland a little over a day ago and it's been nice so far. Demi seems calmer, less on edge, she even slept through half of the flight without waking up suddenly. Of course the other half was spent on call with a few members of her team where she tried to explain to them why she needed a break and why she was going across the country suddenly after not picking up her phone for a couple days. The excuse was that she caught some sort of bug and was resting without wanting any interruption which they understood but they had their suspicions about the move with me which was probably due to a particular article circulating the internet right now.

Demi Lovato sparks pregnancy rumors while spotted out with boyfriend; Odell Beckham.

It took some time to convince them that just because she was wearing an oversized shirt doesn't mean she's hiding a baby bump, while everyone else seemed to accept that her publicist was not buying it which got Demi frustrated and ask if she'd like to see her belly to prove it to her. She backed off after that and the call ended soon after with a few compromises made on Demi's part, where she'd still have to post on social media when possible and record music or just write stuff for them to go over when she got back.

I've been in and out of meetings since I got back too, going over my schedule with my coach myself since my assistant "Bailed out of no where." which is what I'm choosing to go with for now. I've also been arranging my training hours since it's almost Super Bowl season and I need to be ready. The hours are going to be really long which worries me because I want to be around Demi to make sure she's okay but at the same time I don't want it to feel like I'm babysitting or suffocating her.

When I'm done sending off a few emails to confirm my appearance in a few places I head to my room where Demi is sat on the bed with earpieces in, listening to something with her eyes close. I lean against the door frame watching in silence as she concentrates on what she's hearing. I stare at her just taking in her beauty as she works quietly, when her eyes finally open and land on me at the doorway gawking like a total creep a light blush warms her cheeks as she looks away while pulling out the earpieces.

"You don't have to stop sweetness, I can go so you can finish up." I say standing up straight so I can leave.

"No it's okay, I just didn't know you were there." She says stoping me softly.

I join her on the bed. "What are you doing?"

"I was just listening to some old stuff I wrote to get a little inspo to write something new."

"Is it working?"

"Currently? No because I can't focus with you looking at me like that." She protest lightly.

"How?"

"All lovey dovey and smiley..." She pauses what she's saying because that's exactly how I'm looking at her right now. "See like that." She whines lightly and covers her face with her hands.

"But I always look at you like this." I remove her hands gently and tilt her chin up so we're looking at each other.

"Exactly and I haven't been able to think straight since the day we met." She says and I'm sure I fell in love with her a little bit more.

"If it makes you feel any better the feeling is mutual. I'm crazy about you." I say leaning over so I can kiss her forehead.

When I pull away I see a look of sadness flash across her face but she quickly covers it up by offering me a small smile, I frown at the reaction. Did I do something?

"Are you okay?" I ask worried.

"Don't worry about it." She goes to place the earpieces in her ear again.