Chapter 38.

Demi's POV

I unlock the front door to my home and smile hearing the familiar sound of tiny paws running towards me.

"Hello my babies! I missed you guys so much." I coo at my extremely excited dogs jumping on my legs, I crouch down to give them both head kisses and pets.

"Dems!" I hear my friend exclaim and I leap practically leaped into her arms.

"I missed you so much Lauren!" She tightens our hug lifting me of the ground a little.

"I missed you more bitch!" We release each other a few seconds later when I remembered a certain someone might be needing my help to take our stuff inside.

I looked behind me to see Odell barely struggling to carry two duffle bags and my suitcases in his hands because apparently he doesn't believe in taking trips to and from the car multiple times, which is just crazy to me.

"You know you could've called us for help." I tease taking some load of his hands and lauren does the same.

"I didn't wanna interrupt." He smiles at us and we enter the house setting our stuff down to the side. We can get those later.

We spent some time catching up with Lauren completely entertained by the new and exciting happenings of her life. Our reunion is cut short though when she saw that it was getting a bit late and she had plans later. I thank her again for watching my dogs and we planned to see each other soon again.

After she left we ordered some food because my fridge was unbelievably empty then got ready for bed, tired from the extremely long flight we had.

-

The next day comes quickly and I spend my time unpacking most of my stuff, getting distracted by my dogs every 5 minutes which was not helping me very much.

I hear their little paws clambering up the stairs again as I take out the last pieces of clothing from my suitcase and placing them into their designated draws. When I'm done I feel strong hands wrap around my waist, I jump at first but relax when his cologne engulfs my senses.

"Hi baby, what's up?"

"I just came to see if you were hungry." He says resting his head on my shoulder.

I nod. "I could eat, what are we thinking?"

"I was thinking of going to the store, we can't keep ordering food every time we get hungry." He says reminding me that I've done that at least five times already.

"Damn, I thought you liked how empty my cupboards are." I tease turning around to face him and securing my arms around his neck.

"I can accept almost anything but zero food in the house is where I draw the line." He laughs lightly. "You wanna come with me?"

I shake my head. "I don't feel like going outside today. I'm sorry."

"It's fine, just know you're helping me make dinner." He states matter of factly.

"Yes sir, what else can I help you with?" I taunt lowering my voice a little knowing it'll get a rise out of him.

"No, nope. You're not doing this to me right now." He shakes his head and I try to stifle my laugh. "I'll deal with you later."

He places a quick kiss on my lips before he lets me go and makes his way out of the room to then head off to the store. I decide to take a shower since I didn't have much else to do and I really wanted to be in fresh cloths.

-

Minutes after I finish showering and change into something comfortable I hear my dogs barking downstairs so I go down to check on them. Once I'm down there I go search for the source of them, when I enter the living room I notice that the slide door is slightly open, which is weird because no has been outside for most of the day. Confused I go into the kitchen where their growling is getting louder and I stop in my tracks when I see a slender figure standing in-front of the fridge with their back turned.

My breath hitched in my throat and I try not to make a sound when take a step back to go back upstairs to get my phone. My leg bounces a side table on my way out causing a small figurine to fall and shatter in the process catching the attention of the intruder.

They turn around at the sound and my anger immediately rises when I see who it is.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?" I seethe.

"Hey there love bug." I grimace at the the nickname that used to have somewhat of a special place in my heart once.

"How the hell did you get in here?" The anger is evident in my voice and I watched Max takes his time taking a bottle of water from the fridge then closing it.

"Through the slide door." He shrugs as if breaking into someone's house was the most natural thing.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You can't just break into someone's house acting as if it's your own!"

"But it was going to be." He says taking a sip of water then elaborating when he saw the confused but still annoyed look on my face. "Didn't you buy this house for us?"

"I bought this house for me." I say firmly.

"It's just as much mine as it is yours." He states and I can't help the laugh that escapes my mouth.

"You can't claim anything that doesn't belongs to you, you sick fuck. Now get out."

He moves from where he stands and make his way in front of me, I stand with my arms crossed un-phased by how intimidating he's trying to seem in front of me. We stand there face to face with intense eye contact for a few seconds then he blinks.

"You were always so good at that." He chuckles bringing his hand up to touch my arm but I back away quickly.

"Now why the cold shoulder love bug?" He feigns innocence.

I roll my eyes."Just go before I call the cops."

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He smirks. "I have a proposal."

I feel nauseous as that terrible feeling I had hours ago settles at the pit of my stomach.

•••
I am so sorry for what this book is about to become.

Thanks for reading <3