Chapter 29.

O'dell's POV

The feeling of Demi snuggling into my side wakes me up so I slowly open my eyes rubbing them gently to get the sleep out and look down at her. I've never seen a prettier sleeper, her cheeks were tinted a light shade of pink as where their lips that are slightly parted accounting for the soft sound of her snoring and her arm is thrown over my torso.

Involuntarily, I yawn causing my chest to rise and fall and her hand to move which  causes her to stir in her sleep.  She move her hand off my chest to rub her eyes and yawn.

"Sorry for waking you baby." I say kissing the top of her head.

"That's okay, what time is it?" She asks groggily, her eyes still closed probably wanting to go back to sleep.

I reach over on my night stand to retrieve my phone but see that it's not there, instead it's on the floor along with whatever cloths we had on the night before. I stretch halfway off the bed to get it, to see that it's 10:27 am.

I tell her the time which seems to wake her up a little more.

"Do you want to go get breakfast?" She asks.

"Nah, I'm kinda in the mood for some of your waffles." I grin.

"Okay, baby." She gets up, throws the sheet over her naked body and walks to the bathroom.

After a few seconds of her being in there I hear her let out a gasp.

"Are you okay?"

"Why don't you come and find out."

I walk to the bathroom stopping at the door to see her staring at herself in the mirror, running her fingers over several dark red spots along her neck and down the valley of her breasts.

A small smirk forms on my face when I saw her cheeks begin to redden.

"Those look good on you."

"Of course you would say that, you fucking vampire." She playfully roles her eyes and I laugh.

She goes to the shower and I follow her.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Showering with you." I say stating the obvious.

"Okay but no funny business." She says pointing at me.

***

After a few moments longer than we should've stayed in the bathroom we entered the kitchen dressed and ready to make breakfast.

Demi started on the batter for the waffles and I did the eggs and bacon.

Midway through her preparing them she gets a phone call and excuses herself to take it. I finish cooking everything as she was taking a little longer than expected, then I went to go get her.

"I told you to stay out of it." Demi says firmly as I turn the corner to see her sitting at the bottom of the stairs.

When she sees me she looks a little frightened but quickly plays it off by smiling at me.

"I'll talk to you later, I have to go." She says immediately hanging up the phone.

"What was that about?" I finally ask.

"Nothing, just my mom being nosey." She says laughing a little at the end.

I don't quite believe her but I let it go anyways. Why would she have to lie?

Breakfast goes as it usually does with us talking about the most random things or just playful banter.

"Oh before I forget, my friends invited us out to a club later tonight. They want to meet you."

"I cant wait to finally meet them." She smiles, "What time should we get there?"

"Maybe around 9pm, so we have a lot of time spare." I say taking our plates to the sink. "What do you wanna do until then?"

"I could think of a few things." She says whilst snaking her arms around my waist.

"Well then, enlighten me Lovato."

***

It's now thirty minutes before we have to leave when Demi comes into the room typing rapidly on her phone with a slightly annoyed look on her face.

"Everything okay?"

She doesn't answer at first, in fact I don't think she even heard me so I repeat myself this this time tapping her shoulder to get her attention.

She throws her phone on the bed and sighs, "There was a mix-up with my touring schedule and I have to leave for Europe earlier than expected."

"How soon do you have to go?"

"Two days from now." She frowns.

"That's alright sweetness, we'll just make the most of the days that you do have left here." I say kissing her forehead then bringing her into a hug.

"Okay," she mumbles into my chest "I was just getting used to being around you everyday."

"Me too, but it won't be for too long right, you only have one month left of touring." I say trying to reason with her.

She sighs still frustrated, "Yeah, you're right."

We share one more kiss before we finish getting our stuff together to leave the house.

••
Hi friends, I feel like I never talk to you guys sooo...

Q: Do y'all think Demi was lying?

(Also thanks for taking the time to read my book, I love y'all💗)