Chapter 42.

Odell's POV

It's been 24 hours since demi has gone missing. Meaning it's been 24 hours since I've slept or ate and 24 hours since I've been slowly loosing my mind and patience for incompetent people around me.

The police finally filed Demi as missing after they found that note Max left behind, so far they've been giving me the run around for what's really been happening with Demi's case.

"Because of her status we don't want this to get out to the press. So, we'll handle this quietly." CO Bailey informs me.

The case turned over to the commanding officer of the precinct when they realized how big it could be.

I nod in agreement. "Is there anyone that can know? Don't you guys need some help to try and find her?"

"We have all the man power we need Mr. Beckham, I'm putting my best guys on this. You don't need to worry about that."

"Okay, I just need her to come home."

"We'll make sure of that sir, leave it to us." He says rising from his desk and I do the same.

We share a firm hand shake and I was escorted from his office and out of the station discreetly.

I make my way back to the hotel I had to move to because Demi's house is now a "crime scene" and they don't want anyone one tampering with possible evidence.
Once I get there I feed the dogs who barely have an appetite, I think they're missing their person.

"Me too." I sit on the floor across from them and they lay by my leg.

After a few beats of silence my phone begins to vibrate grabbing my attention, I pull it out from my pocket to see that it's Dianna calling.

Shit.

I let it go to voicemail, I couldn't possibly talk to her right now. How do I have a normal conversation with her when her daughter just got kidnapped?

I can't do it.

It rings again and I ignore it shes never really bothered to call me I don't know why she'd start now.

The phone rings a third time making me want to throw it into a wall, but before I do I notice that it's not Diana but my mother.

What is it with mothers today?

I answer after a few more rings. "Hey Ma."

"Hi sweetheart! How are you?" She asks.

"Fine, what about you?"

"Are you sure? Your voice sounds a little scratchy, is everything alright?"

"It's just allergies, I'm good Ma."

"Okay." She accepts my answer, "So, how'd it go?"

"How did what go?" I ask confused.

"Don't play dumb with me Odell. How'd the birthday surprise for Demi go? Did she like it?" She asks her excitement vibrating through the phone.

"Yeah, uh she loved it." I sigh, I was wrong this was the call I should've ignored.

"It doesn't sound too much like it? Are you sure you're okay?"

"Everything's fine Ma, I'm just a little tired right now." I lie again.

"If you say so, where's Demi anyway? I haven't talked to her in a couple days."

"You talk to Demi regularly?"

"That's my girl, of course we talk often!" She says warmly and I can't help but smile at that.

"She's out right now but I'm sure you guys will talk again soon." I say. "Listen Ma, I gotta go now but I'll talk to you later."

"Bye hunny, love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up quickly and scroll through my phone to find the contact I'd been holding onto for quite some time now, I held of on it because I wanted to give the police a chance to do their jobs but that's not going fast enough for me. I want her back with me where she's safe. I'll have to take matters into my own hands.

I dial the number and it rings for a few seconds.

"Hello?" A monotonous voice answers the phone.

"Is this Ian Garcia?" I ask hopeful.

"Who's asking?"

I tell him who I am and he seems to relax over the call. "What can I do for you Mr. Beckham?"

"How much can you tell me about Max Ehric."

-

The call ends with us deciding to meet in a discreet location so he can share his findings.

Should I have waited for the police to do their job? Maybe.

Do I regret contacting the best private investigator I know? No. 

I refuse to sit around all day waiting on some donut munchers to do their half ass job when I could be helping to bring my girl back home faster than they think they can.
Just the thought of that man anywhere near her makes my skin crawl in the worst  possible way, if I find out that he's done anything to hurt her all hell will break loose.

••
When Odell k words max then what?? Jk jk unless.....

I'm sorry if this chapter was super short I wanted to show y'all what Odell was up to before we jump back to Demi.

(Thanks for reading <3)