The Royal Bachelorette Party (Goldycorn with a hint of Tyan)

Goldy was pacing back and forth in her bedchamber. Her breath was ragged and quick. Her hands clutched tightly at one another behind her back. Her face was pale, despite the the fact that the quick pace she had set for herself was proving to be quite a workout.

On the other side of the room, a girl dressed in elegant silks sat on the edge of Goldy's bed. Her posture as perfect as always. Her features calm, though her thoughts were anything but.

"Goldy," the young woman's voice was soft, gentle, as if she were trying to tame a stray cat. "Come sit."

"I have to figure out what to do! I don't have time for gossip!" Goldy snapped. She immediately regretted her words, however, as the other girl deflated a bit at her words.

"I don't..." Goldy picked up on the hurt from the other woman's voice as she trailed off, and Goldy felt bad.

"Of course not, I know that," she said, voice softened as she crossed the room to her friend. "I am sorry, Tina, I didn't mean it like that."

Goldy understood Tina's pain. No matter how much the other girl worked to prove her worth, even Goldy herself was aware of how others spoke of her. "Tina, the queen's pet, gossip of the castle."

"That is alright." Tina let out a sigh and pat the bed next to her, smiling softly.

Goldy obeyed, sitting next to her, smoothing her dress as she did so.

"Alright, let's go through this again. What happened? And don't leave out any details."

"I still don't remember much, Tina."

"Then allow me to help you." Tina reached up and gently touched Goldy's forehead. Goldy exhaled air as Tina's magic began to reveal the fuzzy events of the night prior.

~~~~~

"Hello, my love."

"Hello." Goldy blushed as her intended greeted her, gently taking her hand and pressing a soft kiss into the back of it that sent butterflies to her stomach.

"You look absolutely stunning today, my queen."

"Thank you. You are very pretty yourself, Unicorn."

The wizard chuckled.

Goldy couldn't seem to break the eye contact the two were now sharing. She could spend eternity in his eyes, she thought.

To her right, she heard another man clear his voice. Her attention was drawn to him.

Ryan, captain of the royal guard, stood awkwardly to the side, waiting to escort his queen.

Goldy flushed, embarrassed for making him wait.

"I will see you tomorrow, my love." Unicorn promised, kissing her forehead, lips warm and soft against her head.

"I wish I could just marry you now."

A smile of amusement spread across the wizard's face at Goldy's impatience. "Only one more day to wait. Besides, you don't want to miss out on that amazing party Tina has prepared for you, do you?"

Goldy perked up. "Tina" and "Parties" are two of the best words, especially when used together.

"Tina throws the best parties."

"Indeed."

"Until tomorrow then."

"I shall see you soon. Ryan? I trust you'll take good care of her."

"Of course I will." Ryan responded to Unicorn.

"I shall hold you to that."

Ryan offered Goldy his arm, as he escorted her to the great hall.