Tears

Warning: This one does deal with a few depressing thoughts, but it does turn out ok in the end. If you feel depressed or down, the light is at the end of the tunnel, don't worry, you will reach it even if it seems too far. In fact people with flashlights are always there to help you if you reach out for help. 

Goldy was lying on her bed in her room. Tears threatened to poor out of her eyes. Everything is fine. She tried to tell herself. I'm fine, I just gotta be- happy? The flood gates opened and tears poorer from her eyes. She flipped over onto her stomach and buried her head in her pillow. She sobbed into it until she could stop  a moment. She pulled her blanket over her.

Stupid. She hugged her pillow tighter. Moron. She wrapped one of her arms around her. Oblivious. She squeezed her side tightly, digging her nails into her skin slightly. Dumb. She squeezed tighter, breaking her skin slightly. Annoying. She let go and cried out again, she wanted to scream.

Goldy heard a soft knock on the door. "Goldy?" A girl voice called out. A girl voice that Goldy never wanted to talk to again.

"Goldy isn't here right now!" She called out, trying not to let her voice break, as she didn't want anyone to know she was crying. So far she had been hiding it, but something said to her triggered something inside of her that made her need to cry. She ran up here before anyone could see her tears, or so she though. Maybe she was wrong. If people find out, it'll ruin everything! She thought to herself, smothering her pillow.

"Goldy, I know you are in there. I'm coming in." The girl told her.

Great, this is it, my life is ruined. Goldy could tell the girl was climbing up the stairs to the loft. The girl sat down next to the lump that was Goldy and put a hand on her back. Goldy tried to shrug it off of her but the girl persisted, so Goldy just lay there, not moving, breathing hard.

"Goldy. Are you okay?" The girl asked her with genuine concern evident in her voice. This threw Goldy off as Goldy never thought this particular girl could show empathy for anyone, especially Goldy.

"I'm fine Tina. Just go away." Goldy told the girl.

"I'm not going anywhere. You ran off crying when Ryan told you that you were being oblivious because you weren't picking up Unicorn's social cues. Something is wrong here. Aren't you use to us calling you names? Why does this suddenly bother you now?" Tina seemed confused.

"Tina, it's not like you care, so just leave. Go back to hanging out with your boyfriend." Goldy told her in a mocking tone, trying to hide her sadness under a coat of anger.

Tina grabbed Goldy's shoulders and flipped her, moving the blanket down so she could see Goldy's face, which was red from crying with tear marks flowing down her face. Next she pulled Goldy up into a sitting position. Then Tina did something that Goldy never thought she would do ever. Tina wrapped her arms around Goldy, pulling her into a hug. Goldy immediately fell into Tina for support, tears falling from her eyes and onto the other girl's tiger onesie. Tina gently rubbed her back to sort of calm Goldy down, or encourage her to let it all out.

"What's wrong little sloth?" Tina asked her. Goldy whispered and pulled away. Tina let her. Goldy reaches over for her diary, which was hiding under her pillow, and opened it up to a page with a somewhat new entry on it. Then she handed it to Tina, worried that Tina would make fun of her but also needing Tina to understand.

Tina began reading the entry in her head:

"Dear Diary,

Hey, bud, how's it going with you? I hope you've been doing alright. I'm glad you are here right now, your pages are the only place I'd feel I can entrust my deepest emotions to. Everyone at Daycare probably thinks I've got great self esteem or something. It isn't their faults, I mean I'm always laughing off the insults, hiding my sadness under a blanket of laughter and jokes. At first I could laugh it off, I wouldn't let their words hurt me. I would tell myself "Their opinons don't matter, I love me for me." But then, after awhile, it really started to effect me. Suddenly I was less confident, more sad, more scared. I would hide this by being annoying or silly or friendly. As time went on they didn't have to say words anymore, I started hurting myself with some of their words, some of my own. Time went on and I kept hiding it, my tears, my sadness, my pain. I started doing things like friendzoning the two guys I actually kinda liked because I believe that I'm not good enough. I started crying myself to sleep every night just to get it out of my system for the next day. I feel trapped in this hole that I can't climb out of alone but I'm too scared the lions (or tigers, or boys in blue sweaters, or children with weapons) would hear me for me to call out for help. I guess I keep hiding it and hope it'll get better, but it doesn't. Maybe one day it will, or maybe one day it will stop. I don't know. I'll wrote again tomorrow, Diary. Until then...

-Goldy."

When Tina turned back to Goldy, she was hiding her face with her arms. Tina sighed. "Come on Goldy. I want to show you something." Tina pulled Goldy out of bed and led her down the stairs. Goldy wanted to struggle but didn't want Tina to get upset again. She quickly tried to compose herself, but found that impossible, she instead she moved her free hand to cover her face. When the two got to the Daycare room, Goldy saw Ryan and Unicorn sitting on Tina's couch, waiting for something. 

"Goldy..." Ryan started calmly. At this, Goldy collapsed to the floor, folding herself into a little ball.

"Goldy!" Unicorn Mann shouted, jumping up from his seat and rushing to her side. Tina sighed and sat down next to the sad ball of tears on the floor. Ryan just watched in shock.

"Please let Cutie-err-Ryan talk?" Tina asked her nicely. Unicorn just pulled Goldy into his lap and stroked her hair. Goldy slowly sat up but didn't, couldn't, look at Ryan. She leaned into Unicorn for support. He gently rubbed her back in an encouraging manner. Ryan got off the couch and walked over to Goldy, sitting down cris cross directly in front of her. He reached out and grabbed one of Goldy's hands. Tina has to squeeze her hands together to keep herself from doing anything to Goldy. She had to try to beat her Yandere  tendencies.

"I wanted to apologize to you for calling you oblivious and any other names I did..." Ryan began. "We don't really mean to hurt you when we call you names, we always though you were fine with it because you never said anything." 

"Yeah." Unicorn Mann continued. "You are amazing, awesome, fun, friendly, energetic, and also pretty." This made both Unicorn and Goldy blush.

"It's my fault. I should have spoken up for myself." Goldy told them. Suddenly she was filled with happiness again, confidence. Sure the thoughts were still there calling her names, but this apology made things a lot easier. Especially the good names canceling out the bad ones.

"Hey! I have an idea!" Tina exclaimed after a nice long group hug. "How about we go to the arcade! I'll buy everyone 20 tokens!" 

"Really?" Goldy asked in excitement.

"Sure!" Tina replied. Unicorn helped Goldy off the floor and Ryan helped Tina off the floor. Tina squeezed Ryan's hand and winked at him.

"Good work." Ryan whispered to her.

"You too. We should be more careful with her from now on." She whispered back. Ryan nodded in response. The two continued to hold hands as Unicorn and Goldy ran on up ahead jumping around and being happy and excited like little puppies. They ran out of the building together. 

"And that was another day at Daycare!" The four called out together.

So this may seem a bit unrealistic but I have 3 things. 1. Goldy isn't cured of her dad thoughts, her friends just help her face them better. 2. They are like 5. 3. This is a story and I didn't want it to be sad and it is a fan fiction. Ok anyways. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Oh my gosh is it already the middle of November?! Wow we are nearly done with 2018 already! Wow. Alright have a great day being thankful with all your friends, and I'll see you guys in the next story. Ok bye!!