My Fear - Explanation

Hey guys! Author here. So this isn't a chapter but I wanted to make this to explain some things, specifically about the "My Fear" miniseries. This miniseries I actually came up with after watching the Game Theory live stream for raising money for mental illness. However instead of a mental illness themed story, I wanted to do a story like the ones you read in English class that had a hidden message in it.

We start off with Ryan, and he is scared of rats. Now a rat is something you can use all five of your senses to understand. If the fear of rats was an illness/injury it would be something like a broken arm. You can see that, you can understand that. You know a person is hurt because their bone is broken.

Next up was Goldy's fear of the dark. Now although you can't use four of five sense to understand the dark, you can still see it. This fear, if it was an illness, would be something like a cold. You can tell a person has a cold. They cough, then have a temperature, they look tired and not at all like themselves. You know this person is hurt because you can see they physically are not well.

The next fear is Unicorn Mann's fear of hula hoops. A hola hoop can also be experienced with all five senses. I feel that a fear of hola hoops would be like a bloody nose. You can tell someone is hurt because their nose is bleeding. You want to help them because their nose is bleeding, and you can clearly see that.

The final part was Tina's part. Now I took a long time picking a Fear that not only worked for Tina as a character, but also went along with the story I was trying to convey. Tina was scared of being dependent upon others. This is a real fear and is most common in victims of abuse (in any form). They are scared to depend on others because they don't want to be hurt. You cannot use any of your senses to understand the fear of dependence because it is quite literally "all in their head." But that doesn't make it any less real. This fear would be a mental illness such as depression or anxiety. You cannot see depression. In fact a lot of people I know with depression hide it under a mask of happiness, much like Tina did by trying to find a solution without depending on Ryan. Mental illnesses are harder to understand because you can't see them, you can't touch them, you can't smell or taste or hear them. They are inside of the person who has the illness. 

I really hope this makes sense and if you have any questions I am more than happy to discuss them in the comments. I really love talking to you guys and would love to give further information if you want it. You guys are so great and I'm really glad for all the support I've been getting. Thanks again! Byeeeeee!