Birthday Cake

Ryan walked into the Daycare that day, he cried out his normal entrance cry: "Welcome to another day at Daycare!!!"

Yes, anyone watching would have though he was crazy, but that was ok because the people who knew him the most didn't mind, in fact they liked his little entrance.

Goldy was no where in sight, which was a pleasant start for Ryan's day. As Ryan ran up the stairs, he was surprised to see balloons, presents, and best of all, a giant birthday cake.

Unicorn Mann, Goldy, Tina, and the Daycare kids were all waiting for him. "Surprise!" They all shouted as Ryan reached the top of the stairs. Ryan smiled happily.

Yellow, blue, white, green, and purple frosting swirled together to create the beautiful masterpiece Ryan saw before him. Tina ran up to him and gave him a hug. "Happy birthday, Cutie! Do you like it?"

Ryan smiled in happiness. "Of course I like it, Tina, in fact I love it! Thank you so much, I thought everyone would forget because I didn't remind anyone." Tina just laughed at this as if it was a joke, though Ryan wasn't sure that it was a joke.

Once everyone had settled down and had gotten cake, Ryan got to start opening presents. He got action figures, a G&G tip book, a box of cookies, and other things like that, then he finally got to Tina's present.

Carefully, Ryan opened the little envelope from Tina to Ryan. He pulled out a card. "Dear Cutie, I can't put my gift for you in an envelope, or a box, nor can I wrap it up. You will have to go to your room to find out what it is! Love, Tina."

Keeping the letter by putting it in his pocket, he followed its instructions. Tina led Ryan upstairs to Ryan's room. Ryan was very nervous. What if she tries to kiss me? What do I do? I don't think I should trust this... These thoughts and more flew through his head.

Yet, as Ryan entered his room, he wasn't fearful, or even nervous. He knew he had to trust his best friend, Tina, to not put him in an uncomfortable spot during his birthday. He hated being so scared of Tina's affection, but he just was, that was part of him.

So when Ryan entered the room to find another set up, he was relieved. On his couch he spotted the newest gaming system and a bunch of games for it. There were also snacks and drinks set up for him. "Wow." He said, unable to contain his excitement.

But something seemed off. Ryan turned to Tina who looked like she was embarrassed. "R-Ryan I-." She gave him a hug, hiding her face in his arm.

Instead of yelling at her to not do that, he instead asked her what was wrong.

Ryan watched as Tina let go and prepared to explain. "This is really stupid of me to have done, but like... I know you don't like fancy dates and stuff, so I wanted to give you a place you would feel comfortable in. It doesn't have to be a date, but if you want it to be, it can be..."

Tina sighed, shaking her head. "I should probably go." She told him, turning to the door. "Uhh... Enjoy."

However, Ryan had a different idea on how to spend his birthdays he quickly grabbed her around the waist, lifted her up, and put her on the couch. "No no no no no. You aren't leaving me alone on my birthday, are you?" He asked.

Dates were just hanging out after all, right? Just sometimes they are more fancy, right? Tina didn't know what to say to Ryan's question about her leaving him alone. "I'll only go if you want me to go." She told bim at last.

As Tina said this, Ryan gave her a hug. "I don't want you to go! I want to thank you for making this day great!" He told her. "Let's play together!"

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow just faded away as the two played video games. Ryan didn't feel the pressure that Tina had put on him in past dates and Tina actually had a good time where she didn't feel like she needed to force Ryan for everything.

Cat and Boy played the games and ate snacks together, making sure they were both having a good time. Honestly, Ryan couldn't ask for anything better for his birthday than some alone time with Tina, even if the feelings were complicated.

After Tina lost another round, she suddenly jumped up. "Oh my gosh I almost forgot!" She ran out of the room. Ryan was left to ponder why she left so fast. Was he going too hard on her perhaps? 

Kind of? Maybe. She had just lost a bunch in a row. However his fears were cleared when Tina ran back i with one last gift. She held a brown bag out in her hands.

Everything in him made him want to run and get hit, but Ryan took a calm approach. As he opened it he was greeted by a tiny birthday cake with the words "Happy Birthday Cutie! <3" Ryan chuckled and gave Tina a hug. "Thanks for the best birthday ever." He thanked her. Tina could only let out a squeal of excitement.

Hey guys! I hope you liked this little short story I made to celebrate Ryan's birthday! By the way did you see Ash's tweet to Ryan saying happy birthday? It was adorable and oh my gosh it made me get in the mood! Also we officially reached those 200 views so thank you all so much! If this story seemed a bit strange, that is because I wanted to do something different with it, and getting it to work was difficult but I think it worked out well. Also this Tory as 877 words so it is way longer than I originally expected. Have a great day guys. Bye!!!