Hold Me When I'm Scared (Gina)

It's the "Gina Married With Child" AU that no one asked for, no one wanted, and only about 2% of my viewership actually deserved (everyone else is hardcore Tyan trash, I suppose). Enjoy!

Tina was a mess when Goldy found her.

No, that was an understatement. Tina had been a mess when Ryan had dumped her at prom back in their senior year highschool.

This, this, was something entirely different.

Tina had curled up in a ball on the floor of the nursery. She was clinging to a small tiger stuffed animal. The one that Goldy had bought the day she found out that Tina had succeeded in getting pregnant.

"Tina." Goldy said softly, alerting her wife of her presence. Tina's head shot up to lock eyes with her love. Tina let out a soft whimper that shattered Goldy's heart in an instant. She looked like she had cried all of the water out of her.

Goldy dropped to her knees to kneel next to the broken mother at her feet. She pulled Tina into her lap, and pressed kisses to her temple.

"It's all my fault." Tina whimpered.

"No it's not. It's whoever took our child's fault, not yours."

"I should have realized someone had broken in."

"You couldn't have. Not even our alarm system did."

Goldy was just as broken up as Tina was. This was her child too. Even if he wasn't biologically hers. But Goldy knew she had to be there for Tina. She had been here at the time of the kidnapping, so of course she blamed herself.

Goldy was in the process of helping Tina get her breathing under control, just like she had so many times throughout their life when Tina had lost control of her inner rage, when her phone rang. The smaller girl shifted to pull her phone out of her back pocket, still rubbing Tina's back to help her focus on her breathing.

"Hey." She answered softly, more focused on her wife and missing child than whoever was on the other end.

"Goldy! Thank God! I've been trying to reach Tina for over an hour."

"What do you want, Unicorn?" Goldy asked with an eye roll, she didn't have time for this.

"I have Noah."

Goldy almost dropped her phone. "You what?!"

Tina looked up at her with a confused look on her face.

"Listen, it was all an accident. I was doing an experiment and-"

"Save the explanation for when we get there, Unicorn. If you've harmed my son I swear..."

"I promise he's okay. I'm so sorry, Goldy. I was trying to reach Tina and I couldn't get ahold of her, and I was only just now able to reach you and-"

"Save it for when we get there!" Goldy sniped before hanging up her phone. "Come on," she spoke to her wife in a considerably more patient and calm tone of voice. "Let's go get our son."

Tina didn't say anything the entire drive to Unicorn's lab. There was nothing to say. She just held Goldy's hand as Goldy drove the car the 3 hour drive to Unicorn's house. Goldy continually rubbed her thumb over Tina's hand, an act of calming that Tina was extremely grateful for.

When Goldy finally parked the car, Tina practically flew out the car door, her motherly instincts in control of her, begging her to find her lost son. Goldy ran after her. Goldy happened to be faster than the taller girl, she had become very good at outrunning Tina back in Daycare and continuing on until junior highschool. She had gotten so good at running fast and for long periods of time, that she joined both track and cross country in junior high and highschool. In fact, she even got a scholarship for it for college, and she almost had to pay nothing for college or university.

Tina opened the door without knocking, and Goldy grabbed her hand as they entered.

"UNICORN!" Tina hollard, using the same voice she had used at her friends she was done putting up with them and wanted them to know it. Goldy hadn't heard her use that tone of voice since highschool, but she found it endearing that she still was able to use it if she needed to. Now, Tina was a lot better at communication, but she was in no mood to talk.

Unicorn came into his entryway room from his lab, holding Noah, Goldy's son, the love of her life's son, their son, in his arms.

"You guys, I am so sorry-" Tina cut him off by running forward, dropping Goldy's hand, her demeanor completely changed as she ran to scoop up her baby.

The two-month-old was fast asleep in his Godfather's arms, and Tina carefully scooped him up into her own arms.

"I've got you, baby. I've got you." She whispered, gently bouncing him in her arms. Goldy moved next to her and wrapped her arms protectively around Tina's arms so that she was also holding their baby.

"What did you do, Unicorn?" Goldy demanded.

"I'm so sorry." Unicorn shook his head. "I was using the portal to continue my teleportation research, and the next thing I know, Noah is laying on one of the tables crying. I tried to call Tina immediately, but it went straight to voicemail.

"I called the cops once I realized Noah was gone." Tina barely spoke, her eyes locked on her son, unable to stop looking at him.

"I kept trying to call you, and then I tried to call Goldy, but her line was also busy."

"Tina called me after she called the cops, and I called my brother." Goldy supplied. "I needed his help to calm down while I drove home from work."

"I kept trying to call you guys, but nothing was working until I got through to you, Goldy. I'm so sorry you guys."

Tina turned around into Goldy, pressing their son into her. "Can I kill him?" She whispered.

"No, it was an accident, love."

"Just a little?" She asked.

"I'm so sorry you guys. I did my best to take care of him while he was here. I changed his diaper and I fed him some of the formula I have here because he was here for four hours. I'm so sorry you guys."

"I want a teleportation portal from your house to ours." Goldy replied, still holding her wife who was holding their child. "I don't want this to happen again, and I want an emergency alert button in case this happens again."

"Yes-yes. Of course. Yes! Anything you guys want." Unicorn nodded, as if trying to figure out how to not freak out right now.

"And then we'll forgive you."

"Thank you." Unicorn nodded.

"I'm taking them home. We'll be in touch."

"Of course. Again, I'm so sorry."

"Just don't let it happen again," Goldy said, leading her family out of Unicorn's home. She looked back and gave him a reassuring smile.

I just kinda loved the idea of Goldy being the dad in a relationship, and Tina being the maternal one. I don't know why... I know most of you all are going to have my head for this one, seeing as this isn't my normal content, but I had the idea and I decided content some people hate and some people love is better than no content, right? I have a bunch written already, and quite a few ideas as well, but it's really annoying to have to wait, you know? But I can't post them all at once, so we all have to wait lol. I hope you enjoyed! Please let me know what you thought by voting and commenting if you can! It means a lot to me! See you guys soon! Bye!