1.

"Are you ready? " the man who is now my guardian asks me.

"Yes ,I'm coming." I hollered back from the room I used to sleep in. The mans name was Charlie Peterson but he preferred 'dad' . Really the only reason he adopted me is so that I can watch over his house while he's at work. He chose me because I look more responsible than all the other crazy children in the foster home.

"Hurry up Emma! " Charlie spat at me angrily.

I just sighed and picked up my suitcases and and left the room . When I walked out side I was greeted by a man dressed in a black and white suit. He took my bags and put them in the trunk of a big black limo. I was very surprised when he did that . I usually get treated like shit around this home. I let let out a breath and walked to the limo. I sat down next to Charlie in silence.

____________________________________________

About halfway through the drive Charlie began to speak.

"Okay so once we get to the house I have to leave so you have to find every thing your self. The spare key is under the rug . Its your key now so you can get in the house. Your bedroom is the one upstairs. Its the third door down the hall. There should be enough food in the cupboards until Friday. That when I send you money is every Friday. Oh and I also have some rules!

1. NO parties

2. NO more than three kids are aloud in the house

3. NO big messes

That means you have to clean up behind your self. I don't think there will be a big mess though. It will only be you at the house." He told me.

"Only me?" I asked.

"Yes . I work as a doctor so I have to work long hours. I will only be there at night but some times I work three days in a row without sleeping. But any way. " he continued. "You also have to go to school . It is a few blocks down the street but it's only about a half a mile walk. But you can take the bus if you like,it only cost 75 cents. Uhh... I think that's it. " Charlie told me. He sure talks a lot.

____________________________________________

Before I knew it we had arrived at a tall light blue house with red flowers in the front. The man who had greeted me before opened my doors and took my bags out of the trunk and set them in the green grass. I got out of the car picked up my bags and walked to the front door. I turned around to see Charlie's head sticking out the window. "Bye Emma see you soon. " Charlie said I waved goodbye as did he and he drove off.

I looked under the rug to find a silver key with the word spare written on it in black ink. I unlocked the door and stepped in side the giant house. I dragged my bags upstairs to the third room down the hall just as Charlie told me. When I entered the room I saw a queen size bed with dark purple covers on it. I set my bags down by the make-up table beside my bed.

I was so hungry so I decided to go eat something. I looked through the cabinet and pulled out a bag of Doritos and poured some in a bowl. I walked up stairs after finishing my chips. I was so tired so I went to lie on my bed. Soon enough I fell asleep.